Status of the new version
Like we promised last week, we updated Virtual Manager to the new version last night (read all about it here: http://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/topics/867894-the-new-version-of-virtual-manager-is-ready). Everybody has probably noticed it.
Up until now it has unfortunately caused some problems with pages that were unavailable and texts containing strange characters. This happened because we updated the version of Ruby we use.
The new version of Ruby is handling texts differently than the old one. This meant we had to convert a lot of texts, and this conversion wasn't run as painless as when we tested it.
It looks as though we have been able to convert the texts correctly now. But we're still monitoring the site to see if there should be any problems from the conversion left.
We believe we have caught and fixed the most serious errors that affected the availability of the site, and we expect it to run smoothly again.
If, however, you stumble across errors, we would like to hear about them on http://www.virtualmanager.com/bugs and we will of course keep fixing them as quickly as possible.
We hope the inconveniences haven't been too great.