Forums

Miscellaneous

Seb's Banners and Logos tribute topic.

Posted in Banners/logos

Deleted club 9 November 2014, 03:32
Toro Rojo wrote:
I also knew him only online but Sebo was a helpful unselfish guy who made a load of timeless beautiful banners and logos for many players and inspired a few players to become banner/logo makers with all his help and tutorials, but to me what was truly amazing and inspiring he used Gimp for his graphics making not Photoshop to make them which in comparison to me is like taking a penalty kick with your hands tied behind your back.
Its nice his work lives on in these pages and will be remembered as a cornerstone in vmans community history as a great graphic artist and teacher
I never knew him but a guy who used gimp to make graphics sounds like the kind of guy i could get on well with. When i get round to creating my own banner and logo (don't hold your breath) that is exactly what i will be using. I am pretty rubbish at art work and looking at those logos and banners he created would make my creations look like a two year old with a crayon.

The one thing slowing me down atm in creating something is my team name doesn't sound very graphically inspiring and i would like to rename it with some decent theme.

Deleted club 12 November 2014, 18:11
So sad to hear this tragic news smiley He was Head B/L Mod when I worked with him, I didn't know Sebo Had passed away.

Top bloke had time for anyone and was always looking to help others.
Rest In Peace lad.
Awesome graphic maker and a nice guy to converse with.

Islanders (AD) 14 December 2014, 22:33
Only just found this topic having returned to the game since this tragically sad event. As many have said before, I didn't have much contact with Seb but knew of him primarily through the B/L threads. However, in the little contact I had with him he was always very helpful and willing to engage in a bit of chat and banter. A big loss to the VM community, but no doubt an absolutely irreplaceable loss to his family and friends.

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 14 December 2014, 22:53
I'm in the same boat as the above.

I had no idea he had passed away, really sad and quite shocking news actually. smiley

He was a great guy and an extremely talented graphic designer. He made me some beauties. Including the one I'm using now. Which I think I'll stick with forever now.

RIP Seb.
ZZ Zjednoczeni Zarow wrote:

sebsmiley

sebsmiley

sebsmiley

Royalty FC (Dan) 18 December 2014, 08:24
Here are some more by Seb

Skulls and Bones (PK) Forum moderator 11 January 2015, 18:56
Hit me a sore one when I found out about Sebo. Slammed in the guts with a sledgehammer goes some way to describing the shocking tragic news. Amazing when you consider I haven't even seen his face.

Here are some of the banners & logos he did for me. There are many more somewhere but here is a few I've found. Regardless of whether you're a fan of the team sporting the artwork or not, you have to step back and admire his end products. I appreciated his efforts and praised his imagination and creativity many times. His style was unique, he was an inspiration.

RIP Sebsmiley

Banners

Logos

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 23 July 2015, 23:43
Can't believe it's been nearly a year. Bet God has a real class looking logo by now. RIP Seb.

Manchester United AFC (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer) 23 July 2015, 23:50
I know this is very off topic and might be offensive, but what did he die of?

Sailington United (Will) 26 July 2015, 15:57
The Dark Carnival wrote:
Bet God has a real class looking logo by now. RIP Seb.
I agree