Forums

Miscellaneous

How Do YOU Train your players

Posted in General

Deleted club 16 October 2014, 13:37
Ok, as you know, Im starting to put together some super helpful guides on how to play this game.

So, Id like to do soemthing on training.

So, Id like to know how you train your players.

WHat Im looking to know is this

- Do you follow a particular scheme
- Do you tailor your training for individual players or do you stick to a plan rigidly
- Do you employ trainers work round your players or the other way round
- Why do you thik your system works best for YOUR team

Hopefully, if this thread goes as I planned it to we should come up with a variety of training regimes that newbs can follow and adapt to suit their own needs.

Whittall United (Grant) 16 October 2014, 16:11
My training plan is out the window with the new stats, its pretty random.

Forest Fire (Marv) 16 October 2014, 16:27
atm until new training schemes come out it best to work the abilities that give you a full return in the new stats. The other areas can be caught up with later is what im thinking.

Usually tho i use 4 trainers each working something different and fit the players in accordingly to what they need.

Deleted club 16 October 2014, 16:35
Mighty Forest Fire wrote:
atm until new training schemes come out it best to work the abilities that give you a full return in the new stats. The other areas can be caught up with later is what im thinking.

Usually tho i use 4 trainers each working something different and fit the players in accordingly to what they need.
So, you are happy to bang stats onto players even if you know you are putting abilities into players that will have little or no effect on their rating?

Forest Fire (Marv) 16 October 2014, 16:54
thats not what im saying.

Im saying better to train on something like aerobic atm, as if you train on defending and some of the others you are wasting and losing a load of any skills gained.

If your training new players , you can easily shape them the way you want later , however all players need to be fit , and other areas can be worked on once updates are done

Perinthos (ReallyOldGuy) 16 October 2014, 17:04
I agree. I have a bunch of 15 and 16 year olds that I'm using aerobic and technique on far too often for my liking. At this age it will be easy enough to catch up on the other stats when the new training routines arrive.

Deleted club 16 October 2014, 17:23
thats not what im saying.

Im saying better to train on something like aerobic atm, as if you train on defending and some of the others you are wasting and losing a load of any skills gained.
So, would you train on Aerobic every day then and only target a few stats, or would the actual routine you use vary from player to player?

Whittall United (Grant) 16 October 2014, 17:39
Im basically still targetting key stats from the old stats, but it does improve the rating.

Deleted club 16 October 2014, 17:44
Krueger Krew wrote:
Im basically still targetting key stats from the old stats, but it does improve the rating.
Yeah, thats essentially what Im trying to do

Its finding the balance between targetting the key stats using the best returns on the training routines. It does mean that at times I have to use the 2nd or 3rd highest return.

I also train youths on training match for the first time, but thats because my spreadsheet can handle anyone with an ability of exactly 0.000. If I can at least get it to 0.001 it starts to work properly smiley I end up with loads of Div/0 errors smiley

Deleted club 16 October 2014, 17:59
Im using the following

Training Match 2 days a week
Pig in the middle 4 days a week
Set pieces 1 day a week