Forums

Miscellaneous

Banner and logo - Tortuga Turtles

Posted in Banners/logos

Islanders (AD) 14 December 2014, 22:49
Carnival of Screams wrote:
No, that's fine mate. I'll have a go in a bit.
Cheers.

Also, could you do the text so each word is wrapped around the circle like your current logo, with the turtle in the middle.

At the risk of sounding really picky and awkward, I also really like the font that Claboo used for the word Tortuga. I think it's the font used by the Tortuga Rum Company. Something similar would be great. Thanks again, and sorry for being so pernickety! smiley

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 14 December 2014, 22:54

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 14 December 2014, 22:59
Tortuga Turtles wrote:
Cheers.

Also, could you do the text so each word is wrapped around the circle like your current logo, with the turtle in the middle.

At the risk of sounding really picky and awkward, I also really like the font that Claboo used for the word Tortuga. I think it's the font used by the Tortuga Rum Company. Something similar would be great. Thanks again, and sorry for being so pernickety! smiley
Only got this after I'd already done it. I can change the text, but there is no font available for the Tortuga Rum company logo font, so if you want something similar to that then you'll have to find it yourself mate, I haven't got time to trawl the font sites looking for one.

http://www.1001freefonts.com/ is where I normally get them from. If you find one you like on there, let me know and I'll put it together.

Islanders (AD) 14 December 2014, 23:49
Tortuga Turtles wrote:
Cheers.

Only got this after I'd already done it. I can change the text, but there is no font available for the Tortuga Rum company logo font, so if you want something similar to that then you'll have to find it yourself mate, I haven't got time to trawl the font sites looking for one.

http://www.1001freefonts.com/ is where I normally get them from. If you find one you like on there, let me know and I'll put it together.
Thanks mate. I really like that. A little tweaking of the text and its bang on.

I've browsed that free fonts website and can't find anything like the Tortuga Rum font but really like Bleeding Cowboys under the Western category. If you can colour it and bend it so that Tortuga goes around the top edge of the circle and Turtles around the bottom (like the shape of the text on your logo) that'd be perfect. I'm not too fussed about having the year on the logo.

Once again, your time and effort is very much appreciated. smiley

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 15 December 2014, 01:20

Islanders (AD) 15 December 2014, 09:58
That's the one. Love it, thanks pal.

At the risk of being really cheeky, any chance of a banner to match?! smiley smiley

Thanks again Tom.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 15 December 2014, 11:42
Yeah no worries

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 16 December 2014, 10:25
Just be aware it may be the weekend before I have time to do banner

Islanders (AD) 16 December 2014, 11:28
No problem mate. Whenever you get time, it'll be appreciated.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 19 December 2014, 19:47
Tortuga Turtles wrote:
No problem mate. Whenever you get time, it'll be appreciated.