Forums

Miscellaneous

Yet another question!

Posted in Banners/logos

Sailington United (Will) 28 February 2015, 11:37
When I get my logos, they are generally quite pixelated. I'm not really sure how to get rid of it. Also, are there any other things than to make my logos look more professional like gradients.
Sorry for always asking questions
Thanks in advance smiley

Yorkshire Knights FC (Jamie) 28 February 2015, 12:04
If you're using an image from Google make sure you click on it and copy the image when it is in full size to get its best quality, that's all I know

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 28 February 2015, 12:18
What format do you save them as?

Sailington United (Will) 28 February 2015, 12:21
Johns Army wrote:
What format do you save them as?
Usually PNG

Sailington United (Will) 28 February 2015, 12:36
It's generally the text

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 28 February 2015, 12:40
Example ? smiley

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 28 February 2015, 12:44
Can you provide an example. Without seeing one, it's hard to understand the exact nature of the problem, therefore difficult to offer solutions. If you are resizing it, then this is likely to be the cause I would suspect, particularly if you are altering the shape of the image

Sailington United (Will) 28 February 2015, 12:59
Dothraki Horde wrote:
Can you provide an example. Without seeing one, it's hard to understand the exact nature of the problem, therefore difficult to offer solutions. If you are resizing it, then this is likely to be the cause I would suspect, particularly if you are altering the shape of the image
I alter the size of the shape?

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 28 February 2015, 13:22
Krul Runnings wrote:
Dothraki Horde wrote:
I alter the size of the shape?
No, you alter the size of the canvas, therefore altering the shape.

If for example you are working on an image that is 850 x 500 pixels (rectangular) and then you make it 450 x 450 (square) when you resize it, then this will have all kinds of impact on the picture quality.

You may just be using images that are too small if it is text (why are you importing text, there must be an option to do this in the programme you are using to make the logo?). If you are having to enlarge the text you are importing to fit the logo, then it will naturally become pixellated.

As I said before, without an example, we are guessing blind. If you can give us an example then we would be able to identify the issue in seconds I would imagine.

What programme are you using?

Sailington United (Will) 28 February 2015, 14:51
Dothraki Horde wrote:
No, you alter the size of the canvas, therefore altering the shape.

If for example you are working on an image that is 850 x 500 pixels (rectangular) and then you make it 450 x 450 (square) when you resize it, then this will have all kinds of impact on the picture quality.

You may just be using images that are too small if it is text (why are you importing text, there must be an option to do this in the programme you are using to make the logo?). If you are having to enlarge the text you are importing to fit the logo, then it will naturally become pixellated.

As I said before, without an example, we are guessing blind. If you can give us an example then we would be able to identify the issue in seconds I would imagine.

What programme are you using?
I think that has solved it, thanks smiley
I don't import text + I use Gimp and also Paint.net