Forums

Miscellaneous

Sponsorship

Posted in Ideas/development

Port Vale F C (James) 13 April 2015, 08:40
How about a rolling sponsorship... Which you can cancel or negotiate at any one time, so you have a basic souce of sponsorship and can apply for more

Deleted club 15 April 2015, 09:19
Port Vale F C wrote:
How about a rolling sponsorship... Which you can cancel or negotiate at any one time, so you have a basic souce of sponsorship and can apply for more
Iver never understood negotiating a longer term deal what uyou can renegotiate at any time. Kinda makes a farce of negotiations IMO

Im up for longer deals but the idea of a longer deal is that you get a little bit less per season but its guaranteed income.

However, I think its a bad idea for VM as whats to stop you reaching the top flight, getting a very long term deal when all along you had plans to sell up and go youth.

Teams in division 5 and 6 with multi million credit spondorship deals? Not realistic

Deleted club 15 April 2015, 09:35
I think sponsorship should be more flexible. I think that we should be able to sort out a sponsorship deal before the Sunday update if we wish. This could allow players to re-negotiate and get the best deal. More feedback from the sponsor would be also better, rather than just whether a deal is rejected or accepted.

Deleted club 16 April 2015, 09:39
Tynmar Town wrote:
I think sponsorship should be more flexible. I think that we should be able to sort out a sponsorship deal before the Sunday update if we wish. This could allow players to re-negotiate and get the best deal. More feedback from the sponsor would be also better, rather than just whether a deal is rejected or accepted.
To be honest I can not see the realism in this.

If I were a sponsor and I recieved an offer from a club asking for x amount then I would go away and try and find a better deal for my company. I would be reluctant to confirm a deal until the last minute as there could be something better comes along.

However, I do agree with the feedback idea.

"Your sponship application was rejected by company x because......"

Port Vale F C (James) 16 April 2015, 09:58
It would certainly mean you could change your offers for the next season accordingly...

I think you should get Tv deals as well, just because I'm feeling like a greedy person (credits wise)

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 16 April 2015, 10:08
Port Vale F C wrote:
It would certainly mean you could change your offers for the next season accordingly...

I think you should get Tv deals as well, just because I'm feeling like a greedy person (credits wise)
The top leagues already get substantial amount more credits for placing, adding further excess to that would make the rich/poor clubs gap too big.

Deleted club 16 April 2015, 10:10
They used to have media payouts but that was stopped for some reason. I assume because it didnt work out well.

Deleted club 16 April 2015, 13:50
Maidens Of Avelorn wrote:

To be honest I can see the realism in this.
Was this a can or can't? The however later on suggests it was a typo.

Deleted club 16 April 2015, 14:03
Tynmar Town wrote:
Maidens Of Avelorn wrote:

To be honest I can see the realism in this.
Was this a can or can't? The however later on suggests it was a typo.
My apologies. It was the negative.

I have edited the original post