Forums

Miscellaneous

[Announcement] Unbalanced Stats and Training

Posted in General

Bayern Munich (Benjamin) 27 April 2015, 16:02
I've been a bit curious about some results of my training, so I put in a ticket asking:

I was hoping that I could get developer feedback on whether the new training system has penalties for unbalanced stats.

I was also wondering if the new training system has a penalty for training the same exercise over and over?

Here is the reply.
Bårdur FC wrote:
When a training is performed, we do a calculation of the average of “stats involved” and compare them to the players average stats. If the “stats involved” are more than 15 percent above the average stats, the training session will be reduced by a certain amount. The reduction will be divided to the “stats involved” – calculated individually for each stat.

There is no penalty for training the same exercise over and over – unless “stats involved” increase to more than 15 percent above “average stats”.

Transfer Market (Al Pacino) 27 April 2015, 16:05
Interesting

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 27 April 2015, 16:18
Aye, very interesting, thanks for sharing Benjamin - I will be altering my training regime!

Bayern Munich (Benjamin) 27 April 2015, 17:27
The Dark Carnival wrote:
I will be altering my training regime!
Me too, but I'm not quite sure how yet.

It's a tricky problem... maximizing the most important stats while keeping from being penalized.

Deleted club 27 April 2015, 17:39
Fair play Benjamin you didn't have to share that. Nice one.

Rhythm FC (MMM) 27 April 2015, 17:40
wow thanks for that

maybe im reading this wrong but is he saying that you shouldn't have a player who has more than 11.5 in one ability if their total ability is 100 ?

Bayern Munich (Benjamin) 27 April 2015, 17:46
Rhythm FC wrote:
wow thanks for that

maybe im reading this wrong but is he saying that you shouldn't have a player who has more than 11.5 in one ability if their total ability is 100 ?
If I'm understanding it correctly, say you have a player with total abilities 100, and you want to train him in Interval Training.

If his speed/accel/stam are 10 each, then 30/3 = 10, which is less than 11.5.. so no problem.

If his speed/accel/stam are a combined 36 (say 10, 12, and 14), then 36/3 = 12, and he'd have a penalty.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 27 April 2015, 17:47
Rhythm FC wrote:
wow thanks for that

It's a long day but can i ask you where did you get the 11.5 from?

Bayern Munich (Benjamin) 27 April 2015, 17:49
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Rhythm FC wrote:
wow thanks for that

It's a long day but can i ask you where did you get the 11.5 from?
100 stats total, average stat is 10 (100 / 10 stats).

You get a penalty if the combined average of the stats trained by the exercise you're using is over 115% of your average stat, which is 11.5 in the case of an average stat of 10.

EDIT: Real Example

Jochem Van Ryper has 115 stats, so his average stat is 11.5. His speed/accel/stam are 15/15/16 respectively, or 15.33 on average. Jochem Van Ryper is penalized when you train Interval Training, because 15.33 is greater than 115% of 11.5 (13.225)..

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 27 April 2015, 17:57
So, anyone have an idea of how they calculate the penalty?