Forums

Miscellaneous

Cup prizes

Posted in Ideas/development

Deleted club 7 May 2015, 11:06
Hi, I have an idea. Why do not you introduce from round 1 of the cup prizes this makes it more fun for the small teams. Here, then more teams join because normal fairly quickly from the tournament is.

Dover Devils (Luke) 7 May 2015, 14:48
I don't agree with that to be honest. In my opinion that would just be a way of getting free credits, also the prize would be so low for round 1 it wouldn't be worth it.

I assume we are talking about the Newcomers here? One idea could be to change the rank requirement so the mid level teams can't enter, then create a new tournament for the better ranked teams? Therefore the Newcomers relates more to its name

Deleted club 7 May 2015, 15:20
That would be good indeed. Would really the new manager a chance to win prizes often I'm already in the first round there out and that's because the team is so strong than 3x my team

Deleted club 9 May 2015, 19:55
Difference between the top and the lower is massive!

Deleted club 9 May 2015, 22:43
I don't see why teams shouldn't get a minimum amount of prize money for entering. The teams that lose in the first round will earn very little money from gate receipts and may help them to improve their team.

Dover Devils (Luke) 10 May 2015, 01:25
Some big teams lose in the first round aswell. It's the luck of the tie. 8th finalists only win 59k, so first round losers wouldn't exactly win a game changing prize. Maybe 6k at most? But that also means that the winners of the first round tie (and all others) would have to earn a higher prize than the loser. For that little credits I don't believe it's worth it.

But if what I suggested further up was to happen, those lower teams would have a much higher chance of winning some of the prize money in the newcomers.

Transfer Market (Al Pacino) 10 May 2015, 04:39
I hope they dont change who can enter just yet
im coming down in a few weeks to challenge smiley
I know its not really fair, but when i was a newcomer i got battered beyond belief so now i have a team capable of winning it more so than i did 6 months ago

Dover Devils (Luke) 10 May 2015, 14:19
To be honest I don't see anything wrong with that xD. There are no rules against it and it's the only way anyone stands a shot at winning. As I see it that's the issue, it's not "newcomers" anymore