Forums

Miscellaneous

Logo and banner tutorial videos

Posted in Banners/logos

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 10 May 2016, 22:36
OK, I'm hopefully going to have a bit of time to do this over the next few days, so my plan is to record my screen whilst I make a few banners and logos. I will also do a video with some tricks and techniques on it that I maybe don't use on the logos/banners.

Kilwinning Buffs has spent some time today learning the ropes of Paint.net and is progressing way quicker than I did, which kind of inspired me to do this.

I'll upload these Vids onto youtube or something so they will be there in future so if mods want to sticky this thread when they're up then feel free, and I won't take them down, so they should be useful for a while (until the devs decide some random change is needed to the B/L system lol).

I'm only putting this up now to give people a chance to subscribe if they want to, and to give people advance warning if they want to start making but don't know where to start, so they can download the required software (Both pieces are ABSOLUTELY FREE ).

You will need Paint.Net which you can download here and you will need to download and install the Boltbait Plugin for Paint.Net (loads of extra effects etc) which you can download here - I use some of the Boltbait tools extensively (although don't use many of them at all) so if you want to be able to replicate logos to a high standard, then you will need the Boltbait pack too.

FC Union Bears XI (Top Dog) 10 May 2016, 22:44
Great Idea although i have changed my club name to New World Order from Kilwinning Buffs, Cant wait to see what else i can learn from you its really not that hard its all about trial and error, its worth giving it a try

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 14 May 2016, 10:53
OK I have some time today - Upgraded to windows 10 (after it sitting on my desktop and thinking I'llmdo it later/tomorrow for 18months smiley ) so that I can record... first to post in this thread (that has been on the game for more than 3months) gets a logo and banner.

Skulls and Bones (PK) Forum moderator 14 May 2016, 14:33
:-)

Royalty FC (Dan) 15 May 2016, 16:18
If you are going to put them on youtube, I will happily watch and subscribe smiley

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 23 May 2016, 01:10
Rängers FC wrote:
Apologies pal, it's probably going to be next weekend before I get to this. Was hoping to do it this weekend, but ended up clearing out half the house and going shopping with the missus for baby stuff.

Skulls and Bones (PK) Forum moderator 23 May 2016, 02:01
Walka z Polski wrote:
Rängers FC wrote:
Apologies pal, it's probably going to be next weekend before I get to this. Was hoping to do it this weekend, but ended up clearing out half the house and going shopping with the missus for baby stuff.
No rush whatsoever.

Deleted club 3 June 2016, 22:59
Behold my artistic skills!!!

Thanks for recommending paint.net, but there is no hope for me in banner designing smiley

Skulls and Bones (PK) Forum moderator 4 June 2016, 00:44
Sachin United wrote:

Thanks for recommending paint.net, but there is no hope for me in banner designing smiley
Gotta start somewhere right? Don't settle on one, you'll find yourself improving after each effort smiley

Deleted club 4 June 2016, 01:11
Rängers FC wrote:
Sachin United wrote:

Gotta start somewhere right? Don't settle on one, you'll find yourself improving after each effort smiley
Thanks, but you will laugh if I told you how long it took me to do that smiley

Did you use paint.net to do your shiny logo? It looks awesome, wish I had skills to do something like that.