Improved match execution
The current match executor has served us well and long. But it is about time we make a brand new one that solves some of the issues the current one suffers from.
Below is a list of features that we want the new match engine to support:
- Support for national matches
- Support for a better tactics editor that enables rules such as "Change to this formation if I'm behind with two goals after 70 minutes of play"
- Execution in three dimensions. The ball must be able to leave the grass and actually fly through the air. The enables more interesting passing and finishing.
- Corner kicks.
- Generally more intelligent players that can perform advanced strategies known from the real world football, such as wing play and wall passes.
- Support for "delayed" execution so that you can start watching a match precisely when it starts and not 0-60 seconds after et should've been started as with the current match executor.
- Should be able to save matches across seasons