We start rolling out the new scout system on Monday, Feb 8th
It's finally here. We will be rolling out the new scout system on Monday.
Here are some things to be aware of:
- Be prepared for bug in the new system. Bugs are unavoidable, but we'll fix them as quickly as possible, of course.
- We'll start by running closed tests, which will only be visible to developers. It's possible that the site will be unstable during this time.
- If we run into any major problems, we might not open up the system until the 9th.
- Auctions that are set to finish between 09:00 and 15:00 GMT might be postponed.
- The old scout system will disappear along with any existing or in-progress reports.
- I'll write a note here in the blog as soon as the new system is open for everyone.
Part of the new system is actually running already. We've started the processes which create and maintain the meta-data that's necessary for us to make your scout reports in mere minutes instead of days. This part of the system has been running without problems since yesterday.