Day 2 with the new scout
Bubbles, FC Sunnyvale Developer 9 February 2016, 13:09
In case you missed it, we released the new scout yesterday.
As I warned before the release it is unavoidable that there will be bugs when you release an entirely new system into the game. So if you can't handle a few headaches, then it's best to stay away from the system for the first week or so.
We've already corrected quite a few bugs, but we're not done yet. On top of working on the scout, we even had to deal with a server breakdown last night, that could not have come at a worse time
Here's a list of the things we're working on right now:
- Problems with the max price input if you use Safari.
- Problems with certain other input fields if you use Internet Explorer or mobile.
- Search metadata is not always up-to-date, so you might get a 17 year-old in a report, where you've asked for 15-16 year-olds. This happens because the scout is unaware that the player has recently had a birthday. This can also result in problems picking the correct players according to max price, transfer status, etc. If the scout has found incorrect players for you, or if his information is incorrect, it is due to this problem. We're working hard to correct it.
- We want to show you a list of your scouts on the scout front page, so that you have an overview of their status.
- It needs to be possible to select the same min- and max- age, in case you're only interested in 15 year-olds, for instance.
- It has to be possible to find players with a rating of 0, since many new players are born with this.
- The list of reports will divided into pages, and you'll be able to delete reports (they will be automatically deleted after 14 days).
- You should be able to tell the scout to compile a report about your own players.
- We're looking into the possibility of adding more options for choosing the positions of player. For instance, you might want to search ALL player positions, or just a single specific position, such as Left Forwarder. Don't expect this feature soon, though. I make no guarantees that it will be implemented.