Forums

Miscellaneous

Is it me or not?

Posted in General

Deleted club 26 April 2015, 15:19
Derbyshire wrote:
thanks for all your replies guys, i think im going to ditch the extreme training
I recommend dropping it. I seen players hammered daily on extreme and over the weeks you can see they suffer. For the best results they need to be 100% energy or its pointless and over a week does one slightly better than average (if your lucky) train really make a difference.

Whittall United (Grant) 26 April 2015, 15:26
I extreme on Sunday, as they get the 50% boost and doesnt effect their training through the week.

FC Stoke (Rich) 26 April 2015, 15:38
Dukinfield FC wrote:
Derbyshire wrote:
thanks for all your replies guys, i think im going to ditch the extreme training
I recommend dropping it. I seen players hammered daily on extreme and over the weeks you can see they suffer. For the best results they need to be 100% energy or its pointless and over a week does one slightly better than average (if your lucky) train really make a difference.
My players don't seem to suffer and I extreme daily...

Crawley Reds (Daryl) 26 April 2015, 18:37
Strange, I always use extreme on a Sunday before the update with my 5 new youths, and always hit my best train of the week.

Perinthos (ReallyOldGuy) 27 April 2015, 12:57
I've had some pretty bad extremes but its aso given me my best results. Overall I think its worth it. I extreme my youths 3-4 times a week.

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 27 April 2015, 13:05
I always extreme all on Sunday's and normally get my best overall training average of the week. Why would you not extreme? Your players get 50% for the update getting them back to full energy unless they are below 50% before and you will generally get a better increase in your players attributes and some higher trains. Unless that's just my team smiley

Deleted club 27 April 2015, 13:26
I don't no if its a coincidence maybe someone could verify but I find if you get a new youth if he is no good on the first train it brings down the rest of the team after he is gone or I get a decent youth the train is fine

The Goon Squad (Very) 27 April 2015, 18:38
Derbyshire wrote:
I wouldn't ditch extreme, it will give you a better score even over a period like rich does, some times its just the way the cookie crumbles

Deleted club 29 April 2015, 09:18
This will be mainly because of the range you get with the different intensities

I cant remember the exact figures off the top of my head but with intense you get (I think) between 30% and 70% of a players ful potential and with extreme its between 40% and 90%, or something like that.

This element is like throwing dice

If I had 9 dice and you had 10 the total score is likely to be higher for you. However if I threw a couple of 6`s and you threw a couple of 1`s then things begin to even out and you begin to see that a 1 dice advantage isnt so great. If you have paid for the advantage (In this case with energy usuage) then things begin to get fustrating.
Of course, the odd week that you throw 10 6`s you wouldnt be complaining, however the law of averages changes things.
The average of 30-70 is 50% and the average of 40-90 is only 65% which is only a 15% average increase, which if it was a discount on your weekly shopping, your mum will tell you isnt actually as much as you first think.

Lots of people do extreme trains and swear by it, but equally a lot of people think its a pile of pants

Sorry, just cant help myself

Bath Rovers (world cup winner) 29 April 2015, 12:43
Maidens Of Avelorn wrote:
This will be mainly because of the range you get with the different intensities

I cant remember the exact figures off the top of my head but with intense you get (I think) between 30% and 70% of a players ful potential and with extreme its between 40% and 90%, or something like that.

This element is like throwing dice

If I had 9 dice and you had 10 the total score is likely to be higher for you. However if I threw a couple of 6`s and you threw a couple of 1`s then things begin to even out and you begin to see that a 1 dice advantage isnt so great. If you have paid for the advantage (In this case with energy usuage) then things begin to get fustrating.
Of course, the odd week that you throw 10 6`s you wouldnt be complaining, however the law of averages changes things.
The average of 30-70 is 50% and the average of 40-90 is only 65% which is only a 15% average increase, which if it was a discount on your weekly shopping, your mum will tell you isnt actually as much as you first think.

Lots of people do extreme trains and swear by it, but equally a lot of people think its a pile of pants

Sorry, just cant help myself
Edited BW Please keep your tone friendly and stay on topic