Forums

Miscellaneous

[Announcement] Unbalanced Stats and Training

Posted in General

Deleted club 29 April 2015, 00:27
Bayern Munich wrote:
Bayern Munich wrote:
I know it's just a coincidence, but the average of my all Team Building training (my players are low on Perseverance and Leadership) was 194%, which is my highest ever team average since training was changed and my highest in the last 10 days by 35%.
Again targeted low stats, but used different exercises tonight. 187%. No complaints thus far.

EDIT: Well, one complaint: rating gains stink. smiley
That's the point isn't it. Is there any reason to have a few higher trains on stats that mean didly squat?? I don't think so

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 29 April 2015, 00:29
I'm having good training since I stopped hammering key rating stats. Just going to bump the low ones for a few weeks then hammer again

Bayern Munich (Benjamin) 29 April 2015, 00:46
**** Iron wrote:
That's the point isn't it. Is there any reason to have a few higher trains on stats that mean didly squat?? I don't think so
No, the point is to keep stats balanced enough that you can maintain a good training average while still targeting key stats.

My players are just so unbalanced that I have to train a bunch of stats that don't really help with rating to get things back more balanced.

Of course, there's a question of whether or not maintaining a good training average matters more than hammering key stats, but that's kinda why I was hoping that we could learn what the penalty for unbalanced stats is....

Rhythm FC (MMM) 29 April 2015, 01:36
If I had the penalty formula then I would be able to determine the perfect trade-off between hammering key stats and keeping the training score as high as possible

Deleted club 29 April 2015, 08:41
Good morning peeps. Firstly Id like to say Imnot back. I just popped in to find a url that someone had sent me a few weeks back via private mail (Regarding GoT for those of you that like me to provide evidence), and I found a mail that pointed me to this thread.

Yes, I did post all the information about this months and months ago (or did I dream it up? Who knows) but as usual most people saw the poster and not the actual contents of the mail.

Ive read some of the comments about some people suggesting it could take something away from the game, and I think they are very valid comments, so here is what Im proposing

Im quite prepared to share the exact formula with one person, via private mail. I dont care who, Ill let you decide that. It doesnt matter to me who knows as I dont plan on playing this game anymore.

It will then be down to that person to share the information with anyone that asks for it, but I suggest not via public forum.

Is that being fairly fair?

O, for those that are interested, yes I did find it very very hard to stay away for about the first 3 days, but then I kinda got used to it and now I feel that my cold turkey is over I feel a new woman.

Off Topic- Anyone been watching CSI Cyber? Awesome stuff.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 29 April 2015, 09:08
Maidens Of Avelorn wrote:
Im quite prepared to share the exact formula with one person, via private mail. I dont care who, Ill let you decide that. It doesnt matter to me who knows as I dont plan on playing this game anymore.

It will then be down to that person to share the information with anyone that asks for it, but I suggest not via public forum.

Sounds fair enough to me. I choose Benjamin. http://www.virtualmanager.com/clubs/737354

FC Clock Face (The Special One) Forum moderator 29 April 2015, 09:09
Sending it to Benjamin would seem sensible to me, he wants to know.

That said he might get a lot of mither so he should confirm first.

Bath Rovers (world cup winner) 29 April 2015, 12:48
Maidens Of Avelorn wrote:
Good morning peeps. Firstly Id like to say Imnot back. I just popped in to find a url that someone had sent me a few weeks back via private mail (Regarding GoT for those of you that like me to provide evidence), and I found a mail that pointed me to this thread.

Yes, I did post all the information about this months and months ago (or did I dream it up? Who knows) but as usual most people saw the poster and not the actual contents of the mail.

Ive read some of the comments about some people suggesting it could take something away from the game, and I think they are very valid comments, so here is what Im proposing

O, for those that are interested, yes I did find it very very hard to stay away for about the first 3 days, but then I kinda got used to it and now I feel that my cold turkey is over I feel a new woman.

Off Topic- Anyone been watching CSI Cyber? Awesome stuff.
Edited BW Please keep your tone friendly and stay on topic

Bayern Munich (Benjamin) 29 April 2015, 17:13
FC Clock Face wrote:
Sending it to Benjamin would seem sensible to me, he wants to know.

That said he might get a lot of mither so he should confirm first.
Fine with me, though it'd be just as good if she shared with you or Rhythm. Either way it'll end up benefiting everybody.

Bayern Munich (Benjamin) 29 April 2015, 23:41
Okay, I talked with Danmark (thanks to Finto for doing the initial legwork and pointing me in that direction), and here the penalty info.

Penalty is applied separately to each stat that is trained, and works according to this formula:

(((Ability-Being-Trained / (Total Abilities / 10)) * 100 - 115) / 3

Imagine that a player has 312 total stats and 64 finishing, and is using an exercise that trains finishing. This is how you work out how much his finishing gain will be penalized.

64 / (312 / 10) = 2.05
2.05 * 100 = 205
205 - 115 = 90
90 / 3 = 30%

The 115 in "minus 115" and the 3 in "divided by 3" are constants.

This player would have a 30% penalty on finishing. If the player would have originally gained +80% finishing, he instead gains +56% finishing (80 * .7).