Forums

Miscellaneous

Ads help us run this site

Posted in General

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 24 May 2018, 18:36
As many of you may be aware, you will now see the headline above at the bottom of VM pages. So many companies are now trying to clean up their act in relation to sharing our data. When i click on it, there are many companies that require opt out if i don't want information collected about me and shared. My question is...Do i have to click on every single company separately to opt out? It's a terrible pain.

Whittall United (Grant) 24 May 2018, 18:50
I just added an ad blocker.
Not seen the message since, that's on my phone.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 24 May 2018, 20:32
You misunderstand me mate. It is not the adverts that i care about. It is the information about me that is collected and shared about me. I can see a list of companies who VM are affiliated with who collect and share information about me and let's just say i am not a happy camper about this.

Dans Crusaders (Dan) 24 May 2018, 20:40
Everytime i click on somert i keep getting the bloody popup, and no they aint allowed to share any info about us

Rangers FootbalI Club (PK) Forum moderator 24 May 2018, 20:42
Arsenäl FC wrote:
and let's just say i am not a happy camper about this.
I echo this quite strongly.

Whittall United (Grant) 24 May 2018, 20:52
There's a data export in the settings, wasn't there before, is it linked to this? I've clicked it aswell.

I'm pretty sure they are not supposed to share any personal data with any other sites without consent.

Whittall United (Grant) 24 May 2018, 20:55
That export data seems to be every mail conversation I've had.

What the hell is going on here.

Frankies acre bhoys (all players transfer listed) 24 May 2018, 20:57
it seems every company is set to allow, wont just blocking the ad give them the idea that its ok to use our info,,vm obviously new this was going to happen we should have been informed about this,,crap way to treat paying customers

Deleted club 24 May 2018, 21:10
not only dpo you have to change each one to opt out --- some require you to download an "opt out" cookie to opt out... others I could not find an option to opt out.... an admin needs to explain this quick... or I for one am off

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 24 May 2018, 21:28
I'm getting emails from all & sundry this week ahead of the new GDPR coming into effect tomorrow, purportedly being companies that I may (or may not?) have previously dealt with. All are asking me to review their updated privacy policy and mainly by default to agree to them continuing to retain and use my personal data as they see fit.
Most have the usual "policy statement" & "Unsubscribe" links - but in todays online world I struggle to know how I can tell which of these emails are genuine and which may be scams - with the links being to anything the scammers like - ie malware etc.

Personally I tend not to give my true date of birth etc when using online services - just in case the recipient doesn't hold my data confidentially.

My view is that my personal data is mine and it's not generally necessary to disclose it.

I too would be concerned if I thought the companies that advertise here are getting to know anything about me in real life - I sincerely hope that they are not!

Some time ago I actually went back to a couple of my old support tickets/forum posts and edited out certain details which I wouldn't want to go further than they were originally intended to.

(I recently found out that Amazon had been taking money from my credit card for membership of their extended services - which I have never wanted nor used! - without me ever having given express permission - and certainly had never specifically given my card details for!
& how anyone who banks online sleeps at night I will never understand smiley )