Forums

Miscellaneous

Help with understanding scouts

Posted in General

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 10 September 2019, 15:47
Loyals wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
I think we differ on whats great, if a scout is bringing back false info, then its not so great is it?

Im not fond of the PP either, its essentially telling you if a player is good, (making the scout even less useful) and im not a fan of the hand holding, basically what the newer scout was brought into the game for.

Its not about figuring anything out, we have come to the conclusion the scout is pretty much useless at telling us what we pay him for, especially when theres a site that tells us for free.

I say trust the scout at your own peril, vman info seems the way to go and you can save money on not paying scouts if you use them for potential assessment.
If he was right every time - What is the challenge for you?

The other thread about vmaninfo opened my eyes for the problems that the data the site offers might bring - I will be presenting it to the VM Devs. Haven't come around to that yet.
It's not about him been right every time though personally i wish they were. At the end of the day, nobody likes losing credits with false information. I don't really see the point in scouts anymore now when all i can do is use vman info smiley

Whittall United (Grant) 10 September 2019, 15:55
Loyals wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
I think we differ on whats great, if a scout is bringing back false info, then its not so great is it?

Im not fond of the PP either, its essentially telling you if a player is good, (making the scout even less useful) and im not a fan of the hand holding, basically what the newer scout was brought into the game for.

Its not about figuring anything out, we have come to the conclusion the scout is pretty much useless at telling us what we pay him for, especially when theres a site that tells us for free.

I say trust the scout at your own peril, vman info seems the way to go and you can save money on not paying scouts if you use them for potential assessment.
If he was right every time - What is the challenge for you?

The other thread about vmaninfo opened my eyes for the problems that the data the site offers might bring - I will be presenting it to the VM Devs. Haven't come around to that yet.
Because what is the point in having him, if he can't do his job?
Theres no challenge with how it is now, so it might aswell be 100% accurate.

Me personally would rather it went back to how it was with regards to this assessment, remove it and let the user work it out, it was just better like that.

Yes he can get the assessment right sometimes, but does that not take the risk out of it? Hence too much hand holding.

The bottom line is, it was made to make things easier in hope it would bring more money into the game, just like all the other changes, at this point its clear that really hasnt worked has it.

Lets take it back to less hand holding, its just better like that.

Bradford P A (michael hirst) 10 September 2019, 16:10
so if a player has potential of 23.8 what does that mean ?

Kingstown Bulldogs (Kaena Kinoshita) 10 September 2019, 16:10
So part of my big come back is scouting. I have one in the works, and will send the pic of results. But what would you say for.my scout to find? Like country age range etc?

Kingstown Bulldogs (Kaena Kinoshita) 10 September 2019, 16:13

Kingstown Bulldogs (Kaena Kinoshita) 10 September 2019, 16:14
Kingstown Bulldogs wrote:
OHMEHGOD. Can someone please help me? What am i doing wrong that just makes a white space!!smiley

Final Whistle (join) 10 September 2019, 16:18
You need to take care because the vmaninfo is making the assumtion that 15yo are trained on hard each day (maybe with the excetion of one Extreme training on saturday).

Whittall United (Grant) 10 September 2019, 16:19
Kingstown, please make a new thread about your reports, we are discussing how scouts work, and you aint adding anything to the thread.

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 10 September 2019, 16:20
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
You need to take care because the vmaninfo is making the assumtion that 15yo are trained on hard each day (maybe with the excetion of one Extreme training on saturday).
Assume sessions without trainer are wrong, as the assumptions for the trainer definitely is wrong.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 10 September 2019, 16:20
Bradford P A wrote:
so if a player has potential of 23.8 what does that mean ?
I can't remember now but someone will tell you what the figure should be around for a 15 year old to become a talent player...i think it is 30 potential but i honestly can't remember. If it is 30, it is still possible for a 15 year old who has 27 or 28 potential for example to become a talent player. It all depends how many other players like that player performed in training as there is only an x amount of 15 year old talents created every day just after 11am GMT. By the way, i think it's 11am when players distinctions are added but i could be wrong about that too...I'm getting old smiley