Forums

Miscellaneous

VM Awards

Posted in General

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 9 December 2019, 15:17
Not that I'm a miserable old git..although you are free to disagree, but really, what's the point of these each year? It seems to me at least primarily just an opportunity for a few dozen people to congratulate themselves. I could suggest much, much better and more productive ways of VM engaging with its customers - this annual self-congratulation seems just dated, pointless and anachronistic.
Rolf
(Happy Christmas)

Whittall United (Grant) 9 December 2019, 15:24
You are a miserable git smiley

Its abit of fun mate, its doing no harm smiley

So out of curiosity, whats your suggestion?

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 9 December 2019, 15:26
Fair do's Rolf , on returning to the game this year I have adopted the policy of voting for teams and managers I have not voted for before , in fairness it would be better policy if you won award in the past that's your lot .

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 9 December 2019, 15:43
Apart from "Crew Member of the year" - which obviously has to go to a crew member
- and for that award alone - yes - it has to be a recognition of the work done by each person,
I will be looking to vote for a relatively new - or inexperienced - manager in each category.
I believe that they will benefit the most from the prize, and more importantly - keep their interest in the game going smiley

Chelmsford Rangers FC (Nath) 9 December 2019, 16:26
I think it’s a great idea to have these awards, The prizes are great as well, good luck to everyone

Whittall United (Grant) 9 December 2019, 16:34
Chelmsford Rangers FC wrote:
I think it’s a great idea to have these awards, The prizes are great as well, good luck to everyone
No one cares what you think smiley

Only messing cause you just beat me 1-0 smiley

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 9 December 2019, 16:53
Whittall United wrote:

nice one

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 10 December 2019, 01:53
Newcastle U FC wrote:
Not that I'm a miserable old git..although you are free to disagree, but really, what's the point of these each year? It seems to me at least primarily just an opportunity for a few dozen people to congratulate themselves. I could suggest much, much better and more productive ways of VM engaging with its customers - this annual self-congratulation seems just dated, pointless and anachronistic.
Rolf
(Happy Christmas)
Agree. Why not just have a lotteryi know they draw a couple but forget awards and just have a Christmas giveaway. The person who is bad at the game contributes the same as the ones in top 10 rankings (assuming he/she buys premium).

Chelmsford Rangers FC (Nath) 11 December 2019, 08:05
Whittall United wrote:

About time though!

Welling United (Smith) 27 December 2019, 10:38
Maybe next year we can have a "best foreign manager of the year" award too? Would be nice to see an English manager win something other than the 'you participated vote so here's some premium'