Forums

Miscellaneous

Is virtual manager all but dead?

Posted in General

The Goon Squad (Very) 2 January 2020, 11:07
What are we as paying customers actually paying for?

Who remembers when new teams joined you would start in Division 7 with the odd Bott? Now it's division 5

So let's do some maths in one league, division 5 you have 256 clubs, with 14 leagues that's 3584 clubs, so in Division 6 that would be 7168 clubs.

So across them leagues alone that would equal 10,752 clubs most of which have left the game, not to mention division 7 where that would = over 14,000 clubs

So if clubs are still active in Division 5 and with the numbers I've presented we can say for arguments sake approximately 20,000 managers have left the game.

That's a lot of experience, a lot of credits alot of people.

I don't know what else to say, apart from is this game worthwhile anymore

The Goon Squad (Very) 2 January 2020, 11:12
I will add I'm not saying managers from these Divisions have left its across the entire game all divisions and leagues

US Badolato (USB) 2 January 2020, 14:31
People have called the game dead for 10 years and we are still here smiley.

There are now 15 leagues. I cant remember how many there was when we still had teams in 7. division. I didnt check all, but in Denmark and England there are still active clubs in 6th division.

I just started playing again, its been a bit stop n go, I think many people have it like this. Which is natural, i mean most games people play they stop n go. few people play Fifa everyday for a whole year.

If it can calm you down I'm more motivated than ever, and really enjoy playing e.g. cup games against the teams in higher divisions. I even cheered when i won 3-0 haha.

The Goon Squad (Very) 2 January 2020, 14:35
US Badolato wrote:

There are now 15 leagues. I cant remember how many there was when we still had teams in 7. division. I didnt check all, but in Denmark and England there are still active clubs in 6th division.

I just started playing again, its been a bit stop n go, I think many people have it like this. Which is natural, i mean most games people play they stop n go. few people play Fifa everyday for a whole year.

If it can calm you down I'm more motivated than ever, and really enjoy playing e.g. cup games against the teams in higher divisions. I even cheered when i won 3-0 haha.
14 leagues and there were 14 leagues when we had division 7 as active managers and not bots

But when I joined there were about 10 leagues which had 9 active divisions so I see what your saying.

I like this game so much I don't want to see it slowly dying I want to see it growing

US Badolato (USB) 2 January 2020, 14:50
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
US Badolato wrote:

14 leagues and there were 14 leagues when we had division 7 as active managers and not bots

But when I joined there were about 10 leagues which had 9 active divisions so I see what your saying.

I like this game so much I don't want to see it slowly dying I want to see it growing
oh yeah 14. I counted my own league two times haha.
And yes I feel the same, i want to see the growth! Im optimistic for what we can expect from the youth teams. I think many people could get attracted from this. And yes I can read many joking about it will take two years, but lets see. I saw a crew member the other day saying he didnt know anything but could expect it to come in February. So lets hope for that smiley

The Goon Squad (Very) 2 January 2020, 14:54
US Badolato wrote:
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
US Badolato wrote:

oh yeah 14. I counted my own league two times haha.
And yes I feel the same, i want to see the growth! Im optimistic for what we can expect from the youth teams. I think many people could get attracted from this. And yes I can read many joking about it will take two years, but lets see. I saw a crew member the other day saying he didnt know anything but could expect it to come in February. So lets hope for that smiley
I like that there is going to be another dimension added to the game after so much has been taken away over the years, but I don't care much for Youth Squads, when it happens I'll work things out and get on with it, but I don't care when it happens

Chelmsford Rangers FC (Nath) 2 January 2020, 16:10
It does seem a lot quieter mainly on the auctions and on the forums considering it was very active I’d say 7 years ago but it’s still a cracking game I enjoy being back after being away for a couple of years. Still terrible at it though! But it’s something to look at and do in spare time, made many pals on here as well some have left but some stay and be successful.

The Goon Squad (Very) 2 January 2020, 16:11
Chelmsford Rangers FC wrote:
It does seem a lot quieter mainly on the auctions and on the forums considering it was very active I’d say 7 years ago but it’s still a cracking game I enjoy being back after being away for a couple of years. Still terrible at it though! But it’s something to look at and do in spare time, made many pals on here as well some have left but some stay and be successful.
I agree I love the game, but is so quiet as you said in the market and forums

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 2 January 2020, 21:04
When the game is being run effectively for a domestic audience, it is hardly surprising non-Danes are leaving in droves. Whoever is in charge has no idea what it takes to optimise its asset, it's alarming really, and messages like mine and from other players explaining what the issues are that drive (non-Danish) players mad are just ignored, and worse - have the piss taken out of them.

I beg of all those with roles of influence in this game, there are steps you can take to retain Players' enthusiasm. Please.

1. Organise a proper preferences poll to see what players want, rather than just delivering stuff whether or not we want it or consider it a priority. As a person who does this professionally (I have professional qualifications and would do this absolutely for free), I would love to help VM by offering to help with this, although I am absolutely certain nobody from VM will be in the least bit interested in accepting my offer.

2. Accept criticism rather than DISMISSING EVERY SINGLE CRITICAL THING THAT PEOPLE SAY, this is a guaranteed way to lose your audience, treating them with contempt.

3. STOP favouring Danish-speaking players over non-Danish speaking players by endorsing Danish-language player aids not readily available to non-Danes. It is a point that keeps being made and keeps being ignored. It is an outrage and actually illegal under EU law (I have checked). It's to do with partitioning markets based on languages.

4. STOP the ridiculous end-of-season backslapping where predominantly Danish players nominate each other to get prizes that serve to maintain the disproportionate advantage the Danish players already have. Either introduce categories for non-Danes, or as many have suggested, make it a straightforward random draw.

5. STOP pretending the Danish bias problem, perceived or real, is not an issue and is not leading to non-Danes leaving the game. People are not mugs, if they toil away and see little progress for their precious hours invested, they WILL walk away.

Even if only a few of these are a) respected and b) adopted is there really any hope of saving VM from disappearing down its own, self-made toilet.

Danke, Rolf.

King Cobras FC (Ben) 4 January 2020, 11:59
I've just come back from a long hiatus from this game, (checked in a few times over the last couple of years but not stayed for long) and when i applied to join the league this time round i was put in Div 5 and managed to survive with a team that a few years ago would have been slaughtered in Div 6 and would have struggled to get promotion in Div 7. I was quite surprised at how much it has changed recently