Forums

Miscellaneous

Is virtual manager all but dead?

Posted in General

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 4 January 2020, 12:08
King Cobras FC wrote:
I've just come back from a long hiatus from this game, (checked in a few times over the last couple of years but not stayed for long) and when i applied to join the league this time round i was put in Div 5 and managed to survive with a team that a few years ago would have been slaughtered in Div 6 and would have struggled to get promotion in Div 7. I was quite surprised at how much it has changed recently
Welcome back smiley

King Cobras FC (Ben) 5 January 2020, 22:38
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
King Cobras FC wrote:
I've just come back from a long hiatus from this game, (checked in a few times over the last couple of years but not stayed for long) and when i applied to join the league this time round i was put in Div 5 and managed to survive with a team that a few years ago would have been slaughtered in Div 6 and would have struggled to get promotion in Div 7. I was quite surprised at how much it has changed recently
Welcome back smiley
Thanks mate smiley

Hoping this time to actually be able to commit a decent amount time to this game.

The Goon Squad (Very) 5 January 2020, 23:39
King Cobras FC wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
King Cobras FC wrote:
Welcome back smiley
Thanks mate smiley

Hoping this time to actually be able to commit a decent amount time to this game.
Welcome back Ben. I don't know if you remember me or not smiley

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 6 January 2020, 00:47
I've decided to call it a day, it just became almost a chore to log on and train/ renew contracts so thought I might as well sell up. I'm sure i'll inevitably return in a year or so though haha.

Good luck all

Ipswich Town Allstars (Dunx Adams) 6 January 2020, 17:11
I'm a relative newcomer (2012) to the game but have enjoyed playing over the years. Until recently I wasn't really aware of the problem that it is mostly Danish. I was aware that it was a Danish game as it was a danish friend who introduced me to it. This for me has not been a problem.

I had no idea about any of the supporting sites until two weeks ago and when i checked them out I was very suprised. If only it was in English this would have added a lot of enjoyment to the game.

I believe this game is not dead! However it needs opening to a larger audience and it also needs some better marketing to attract new players.

The supporting sites desperately need translating into English and we need to be aware of their existance. I have also thought for a long time that each Division should have it's own chatbox for those playing in that division. This would definitely add some banter to the game at every level.

I'm not ready to quit the game yet, however I can understand why others are doing so. They quit because it is human nature to want to try something else. We all like to try different things. The problem is that those who leave are not being replaced by new players. More marketing required!

King Cobras FC (Ben) 7 January 2020, 16:36
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
King Cobras FC wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
King Cobras FC wrote:
Welcome back smiley
Thanks mate smiley

Welcome back Ben. I don't know if you remember me or not smiley
Of course, how could I forget? smiley