Forums

Miscellaneous

I've heard of against the odds wins but christ!

Posted in General

Black Rock Shooter (Debunoas) 9 March 2020, 16:01
Whittall United wrote:
What tactics do you use?
It was defensive balanced reduced balanced
Now it's offensive balanced normal hard

Whittall United (Grant) 9 March 2020, 16:07
My go to is this:

Offensive
Shoot on sight
Normal or increased, depending on results
Balanced

In my opinion, theres no point having anything other than shoot on sight for playstyle, which i believe all the defeats you posted are using.

Final Whistle (join) 9 March 2020, 17:24
Whittall United wrote:
My go to is this:

Offensive
Shoot on sight
Balanced

In my opinion, there's no point having anything other than shoot on sight for playstyle, which i believe all the defeats you posted are using.
My go to is:
Defensive
Shoot on sight
Normal
Hard

I also have some orders to change from Normal to or increased, match of the season or relaxed depending on results and time passed.

Sometime I switch from 'Shoot on sight' to short if the keeper is better than my forwards finishing or to long balls depending on midfield and defensive comparison between my team and the opponent.
I never go reduced, it's cost me some games in the past. Same for short passes or counter attack which I find totally useless. I was expecting the counter attacks to show me some advantage on winning the ball and going on counter offensive, to maybe have the phases continue and not stop when my forward is all alone in the middle of the field, which seems not to be the case.
Waiting for some of the details on the match engine that Dennis promised after the youth teams, and the updated manual etc..

Whittall United (Grant) 9 March 2020, 17:33
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
My go to is this:

Offensive
Shoot on sight
Balanced

In my opinion, there's no point having anything other than shoot on sight for playstyle, which i believe all the defeats you posted are using.
My go to is:
Defensive
Shoot on sight
Normal
Hard

I also have some orders to change from Normal to or increased, match of the season or relaxed depending on results and time passed.

Sometime I switch from 'Shoot on sight' to short if the keeper is better than my forwards finishing or to long balls depending on midfield and defensive comparison between my team and the opponent.
I never go reduced, it's cost me some games in the past. Same for short passes or counter attack which I find totally useless. I was expecting the counter attacks to show me some advantage on winning the ball and going on counter offensive, to maybe have the phases continue and not stop when my forward is all alone in the middle of the field, which seems not to be the case.
Waiting for some of the details on the match engine that Dennis promised after the youth teams, and the updated manual etc..
Its personal preference really, because when all said and done, we haven't even got anything to show what each playstyle changes.
I personally don't watch the matches, theres nothing to be gained there other than confusion lol.

To be honest, i wouldn't mind some details too on the match sim, because right now, its not great and in my opinion, serves no purpose currently other than to look good and confuse users smiley

If you have a match sim like that, then at least make it usable, which i do believe Dennis will achieve now hes in contol.
He sounds very positive and he is clearly going to want it too succeed as he now owns it smiley

Black Rock Shooter (Debunoas) 9 March 2020, 17:34
I have a backup tactic for important matches and cup matches which is game of the season...

So you all reckon shoot on sight is the way to go?

Whittall United (Grant) 9 March 2020, 17:38
Black Rock Shooter wrote:
I have a backup tactic for important matches and cup matches which is game of the season...

Most definitely, you have to fight fire with fire, nothing to back this claim up, but i would bet most people use shoot on sight.

Black Rock Shooter (Debunoas) 9 March 2020, 17:41
Whittall United wrote:

Most definitely, you have to fight fire with fire, nothing to back this claim up, but i would bet most people use shoot on sight.
Yeah all of my bizarre losses seem to have people shooting from everywhere and having upto 10 shots while I get 2 or 3

Suppose I can only trial it for the rest of the season, see how it goes

Whittall United (Grant) 9 March 2020, 17:43
Whittall United wrote:

Yeah all of my bizarre losses seem to have people shooting from everywhere and having upto 10 shots while I get 2 or 3

The tactics are trial and error, because we have no way of knowing exactly what changing the playstyle does, i just know shoot on sight does exactly what it says lol.

Black Rock Shooter (Debunoas) 9 March 2020, 17:50
Whittall United wrote:
Whittall United wrote:

The tactics are trial and error, because we have no way of knowing exactly what changing the playstyle does, i just know shoot on sight does exactly what it says lol.
Ahahaa yeah it certainly does smiley

Ardmore Rangers (James Johnston) 9 March 2020, 21:56
There is no consistency with results