Forums

Miscellaneous

I've heard of against the odds wins but christ!

Posted in General

Ardmore Rangers (James Johnston) 14 March 2020, 09:08
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/72254820/summary. All the old players of lesser ability, completely dominate their peak age opponents of higher abilities. Sometimes the simulation makes no sense!

Black Rock Shooter (Debunoas) 14 March 2020, 09:26
Since I changed my tactic up after I started the season with 2 wins 3 losses, I haven't lost smiley Shoot on sight is the way to go!

Final Whistle (join) 14 March 2020, 15:07
Ardmore Rangers wrote:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/72254820/summary. All the old players of lesser ability, completely dominate their peak age opponents of higher abilities. Sometimes the simulation makes no sense!
I agree that sometimes it doesn't make sense, but it happens twice or so a season, from what I noticed, at least for me. And everytime I can see from how the match is played that I'll never win the match against a weaker team. Lately I've started watching most matches as it somehow shows how the game is played, but the positioning of the players and their executions are often so horribly wrong that you'd say that the players forgot all the football they new. Defenders not challenging opponents inside the own penalty area, forwards not shooting when they have a clear shot, instead passing sideways, the only forward executing the free throws, etc...

Final Whistle (join) 14 March 2020, 15:15
Black Rock Shooter wrote:
Since I changed my tactic up after I started the season with 2 wins 3 losses, I haven't lost smiley Shoot on sight is the way to go!
I think I have an explanation for that, after reading the article in the blog posts that I shared in the Match engine, and I think it's related to the 'Burst energy'. When you're not playing shoot on sight the forwards make a lot of passes or runs with ball which depletes their energy while opponents defenders are not having their energy decreased, which seems like a bug to me. you can notice that if a Forward runs towards a loose ball, neither his energy nor opponent's energy doesn't decrease until the moment he takes control of the ball. Once the ball challenge is started at lest the forwards energy starts to decrease, while the defenders is not except for the moment when he attempts the tacking, which costs half the energy the forward spends while attempting to dribble past his opponent. And often the dribbling is not done against the latest defender so despite winning the dribbling most of the times he doesn't keep control of the ball, which makes it harder to shoot, as the nearby defenders run towards the ball, and then he needs to make another dribbling while his energy is already at three quarters.
But by using shoot on sight, in 2-3 passes the forward will find himself in a better position to shoot and with less energy spent before taking the shot so this makes the shot usually more powerful.
There might be some penalty when shooting from lower down the field, but sometimes during set pieces your forward is in the penalty box so if he has a clear shot most of the times he scores.
If you look at my team it's actually on the second place despite being 8&11 based on the ranking for stats or rating: https://vmanstats.dk/old/leaguestrength/test.php?c=32&d=3&g=3

Final Whistle (join) 14 March 2020, 18:51

Whittall United (Grant) 15 March 2020, 14:29
Glad it worked out smiley

Black Rock Shooter (Debunoas) 15 March 2020, 14:34
First time ever in division 1 of any country in about 11 years over 4 accounts smiley

Whittall United (Grant) 15 March 2020, 14:43
First time ever in division 1 of any country in about 11 years over 4 accounts smiley
Well done smiley