Forums

Miscellaneous

Youth Squads

Posted in General

Ginni Devi Modi IOE (Decland Wren) 2 April 2020, 13:00
This is a game...

There are no problems. If you don't like youth squads, don't have a youth squad.

If you don't like how the game is effected by youth squads, stop playing the game. Simple really.

Newcastle United FC (James) 2 April 2020, 13:04
Ginni Devi Modi IOE wrote:
Newcastle United FC wrote:
Scrooge FC wrote:
Can anything positive be said for youth squads?
From what i've seen is its just driven youth prices to ridiculous inflated amounts, and ruined a lot of teams planning with regards to training players due to the energy/mood situation.
Personal opinion is every 'update' this game has done or tried to do in about 5 years as put 1 step forward and about 5 steps back.
Yea a lot. It puts a whole new layer to the game. That is great. You should try it smiley

Try it, before you speak about it smiley

About the market? It is the same for everyone. You can also sell your youth players for more, nothing has changed.
Yeah okay, I'll just plunge millions into buying a squad, and then further millions into buying bang average youths for inflated prices (of which I wont be able to train on a decent enough intensity to make them a worthwhile aquisition) just to be able to have my word on it.
You make it sound like it's your real money

If you don't like the sounds of it just don't do it...
No I don’t, if I was going to invest in youths, I’d want youths of decent quality(maybe 5m per player). So investing 90m into 18 players before the youth squad updates would have been ok, but for the same quality player you’re talking 3-4x that amount. Hence why I said I don’t want to plunge multi millions into bang average players, to not see the same benefit that I would have previously, due to energy and mood.

Ginni Devi Modi IOE (Decland Wren) 2 April 2020, 13:14
Scrooge FC wrote:
From what i've seen is its just driven youth prices to ridiculous inflated amounts, and ruined a lot of teams planning with regards to training players due to the energy/mood situation.
Personal opinion is every 'update' this game has done or tried to do in about 5 years as put 1 step forward and about 5 steps back.
Yea a lot. It puts a whole new layer to the game. That is great. You should try it smiley

About the market? It is the same for everyone. You can also sell your youth players for more, nothing has changed.
Yeah okay, I'll just plunge millions into buying a squad, and then further millions into buying bang average youths for inflated prices (of which I wont be able to train on a decent enough intensity to make them a worthwhile aquisition) just to be able to have my word on it.

No I don’t, if I was going to invest in youths, I’d want youths of decent quality(maybe 5m per player). So investing 90m into 18 players before the youth squad updates would have been ok, but for the same quality player you’re talking 3-4x that amount. Hence why I said I don’t want to plunge multi millions into bang average players, to not see the same benefit that I would have previously, due to energy and mood.
Ok, I didn't need the explanation. You don't want to have youth squad, so don't have a youth squad.

People who enjoy this game casually and other players who want to give it a shot, will continue to have youth squads. I enjoy the idea and I am keen to see where it goes from here. The fact many more people are playing the game now compared to the last few years is also a good indication.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 2 April 2020, 13:45
Scrooge FC wrote:

Prices will fall we all know that once the excitement dies down. Bide your time is my advice.

Newcastle United FC (James) 2 April 2020, 18:59
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Scrooge FC wrote:

Prices will fall we all know that once the excitement dies down. Bide your time is my advice.
Thats exactly what I'm going to do now mate, if I'm being honest, if it wasn't for Covid-19 meaning I'm in lockdown I'd have probably quit lol.

Braziliance (Bobby S) 2 April 2020, 20:38
Copper Ridge FC wrote:
Crack A Jack Fc wrote:
prices on youths is crazy now. I like having a youth squad but finding it hard to get youths anywhere near the same price and level before. I'm juts waiting to see now the prices go or if these new prices stay and I will have to either pay or not use youth squad like I currently am
Exactly. I sold off my entire team for a good profit last week, because the auction prices are so high right now.

I am going to sit back for a month or two before buying back in. In the meantime, I will just run with 15 y/o players that I can pick up for 1c.

I have no interest in youth squads right now. But, I am glad that others are getting enjoyment out of them.

Just like the stock market, buy low and sell high smiley
yep time to sell sell sell I'm half tempted myself to be honest toying with the idea

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 3 April 2020, 16:05
Crack A Jack Fc wrote:
yep time to sell sell sell I'm half tempted myself to be honest toying with the idea
Yep. It felt pretty good putting my entire team on auction and getting more in return than their posted values overall. 3 months ago, I would have probably got 3/4 or even 2/3 of their posted values in return.

When your roster is about 250m in player value, you are talking about a significant return on investment. I am now sitting on about 350m cash, which is far more than I have ever had. When the auction prices drop to something reasonable, I will buy back in. For now, I will just play around with inexpensive youths that are underachievers.

Some people are paying 300k to 2 mil for borderline talented 15 yo's. 3 months ago you could get some of those same players on auction for nothing (actually 1c). If any 15 yo player is marked as a talent these days, they seem to be getting 250k minimum. Those borderline talents are not very good trainers and will probably only max out in value at 3 mil to 4 mil in their lifetime, even on WCTF. And, you are talking about 12 months to even get to that point (12 player years) .

It's all good and I am not complaining at all. I just find it fascinating how the VM markets fluctuate over time. And, if you are not smart about bidding on players, you won't last long in this game. Then, some will say it is broken and it is impossible to make any money when you are new manager That's not true. You have to be patient and know the player market. That takes more time than I think many are willing to put into this game.

VM may just be a game. But, it is also a self-contained economy that follows the same supply and demand rules as the real world.

Anyway, I am really glad that some are enjoying the youth squads. It is going to be really interesting to see how the player market prices react in a few months, when things settle down.

Ginni Devi Modi IOE (Decland Wren) 3 April 2020, 16:08
Copper Ridge FC wrote:
Crack A Jack Fc wrote:
Yep. It felt pretty good putting my entire team on auction and getting more in return than their posted values overall. 3 months ago, I would have probably got 3/4 or even 2/3 of their posted values in return.

When your roster is about 250m in player value, you are talking about a significant return on investment. I am now sitting on about 350m cash, which is far more than I have ever had. When the auction prices drop to something reasonable, I will buy back in. For now, I will just play around with inexpensive youths that are underachievers.

Some people are paying 300k to 2 mil for borderline talented 15 yo's. 3 months ago you could get some of those same players on auction for nothing (actually 1c). If any 15 yo player is marked as a talent these days, they seem to be getting 250k minimum. Those borderline talents are not very good trainers and will probably only max out in value at 3 mil to 4 mil in their lifetime, even on WCTF. And, you are talking about 12 months to even get to that point (12 player years) .

It's all good and I am not complaining at all. I just find it fascinating how the VM markets fluctuate over time. And, if you are not smart about bidding on players, you won't last long in this game. Then, some will say it is broken and it is impossible to make any money when you are new manager That's not true. You have to be patient and know the player market. That takes more time than I think many are willing to put into this game.

VM may just be a game. But, it is also a self-contained economy that follows the same supply and demand rules as the real world.

Anyway, I am really glad that some are enjoying the youth squads. It is going to be really interesting to see how the player market prices react in a few months, when things settle down.
Very well summarised!

Final Whistle (join) 3 April 2020, 16:23
While *most* everyone is focusing on youth I'll be focusing on getting an oldies team in place and win some cash the old fashion way through match income.

I've invested some in youth as I had to replace some players sold at overprice, but I'm also keeping 3-5 players in each age group to train so as to not be forced to replace the whole squad at once.
Soon I'll be forced to replace a few players the oldies get to 32yo and some of the youth train to partially replace them. I'm still looking for a ML and DL but soon the reserve DL will be good enough.
But not all the crazy prices are due to the youth team, also the confinement due to Covid19 has a role to play, lot of people are either working from home or have nowhere to go the evenings leaving more time for internet-related "escapes", one of which is VMan.