Forums

Miscellaneous

Is this a joke or what?

Posted in General

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 4 April 2020, 06:13
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
Stick with the game. Only time I thought it worth getting slightly stressed and tactical was when actually competing for trophies. Otherwise, take the rough with the smooth.
I understand what you're saying, and I appreciate it. I don't generally stress myself with the competition, I just try to make the best of every situation. Maybe I haven't set the best tactic for all games but I think I have refined a decent general tactic that I adapt depending on the opponent to exploit weaknesses and compensate for my own.
But there are games each season that make no sense. I can understand a few players playing poorly, I've lost countless matches due to the 2nd keeper that had 4/5 match rating so I decided to buy an older and better one until that one increases to 70-ish.
I also won a game this season despite all odds due to poor form of opponents keeper when he had 4 match rating while my MO had 10.
All this makes perfect sense, any player can get a stellar or a piss poor day.
But how is it possible not to have any chances for an entire match despite having close to 50-50 possession? This baffles me
Leicester City won the English Premier League in 2015-16 at 5,000 to 1 odds. Upsets happen. I would consider that achievement greater than anything I have ever seen in VM. How boring would VM be if the favorite won every game ?

On the other hand, I sold off my entire squad and replaced them with entirely 15 yo players 2 seasons ago (except for goalie). I have lost probably 60 matches in a row, never scored a goal and sometimes don't even have a shot on goal. If VM was that screwed up, I would have at least managed a 0-0 tie at some point. But no, things have gone just as they should have. I basically did this as an experiment.

I think you will have a lot more fun with this game if you would just relax a bit. Enjoy the moment. One day you will pull off a major unexpected upset and you will feel great about it.

Crackalackin (Leroy) 4 April 2020, 17:17
No, I’d say don’t quit. Be positive, you can do it smiley

The Goon Squad (Very) 4 April 2020, 19:10
Please quit so I don't have to see your moaning anymore

Final Whistle (join) 4 April 2020, 19:11
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
I guess that is your problem to deal with... if that makes you wanna quit don't hesitate :p
Or at least quit posting mean comments

The Goon Squad (Very) 4 April 2020, 20:26
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
I guess that is your problem to deal with... if that makes you wanna quit don't hesitate :p
Or at least quit posting mean comments
I ain't that petty to spit my dummy out and keep saying I want to quit.

Grow up and get on with the game

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 4 April 2020, 20:27
The International Forum Rules

Section 1 - Conduct

1.1 - As per Game Rule 2.1, condescending remarks and personal attacks are not allowed.

The Goon Squad (Very) 4 April 2020, 20:28
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
The International Forum Rules

Section 1 - Conduct

1.1 - As per Game Rule 2.1, condescending remarks and personal attacks are not allowed.
Sorry

Alpha Wolf (Lewis Taylor Brent) 5 April 2020, 03:43
Assuming I don't draw or lose my last game, I've won every game this season.. haha

Low Achievers (Aaron) 5 April 2020, 05:05
Reignwølf wrote:
Assuming I don't draw or lose my last game, I've won every game this season.. haha
You not counting the cup loss I take it?

Alpha Wolf (Lewis Taylor Brent) 5 April 2020, 05:25
Low Achievers wrote:
Reignwølf wrote:
You not counting the cup loss I take it?
No, I meant league