Player Sales Threads

Posted in General

Newcastle United FC (James) 15 April 2020, 22:28
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:
I think it should for players that are actually active for sale through the auctions not transferred listed squads its like bloatware on your phone.
Nah Sales forums are for all players which are for sale, auctions and transfer listed players.
That`s exactly the way it should be. But I have seen managers posting newly created players there after only 1 train...and more than once. I totally agree with the OP.
Not sure what the problem is. It's advertising space equally open to all
The players aren`t for sale and it`s a Player Sales thread. Look, I personally don`t care, but it isn`t right, IMO...which means nothing here.
Correct IMO, player technically isn't for sale as he can't yet be bought. Also don't particularly care either, but I can see how it could be annoying to the OP if he's looking to actively buy players.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 15 April 2020, 22:30
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
The players aren`t for sale and it`s a Player Sales thread. Look, I personally don`t care, but it isn`t right, IMO...which means nothing here.
But they will be and the advertising space is equal to everyone, no advantage is gained. If the title reflects the content then no harm is done.

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 15 April 2020, 22:31
Right at the very top of the thread.

"Have a 15 year old player up for sale? Let other managers know about it! "

So this means nothing then. I eventually plan to sell ALL my players at one time or another, so from now on I`ll just post them all in the Sales threads.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 15 April 2020, 22:36
The Wrecking Crew wrote:

So this means nothing then. I eventually plan to sell ALL my players at one time or another, so from now on I`ll just post them all in the Sales threads.
Yes you can providing it's within the rules of the forum...ie One thread per day created/used, stick to the number of times you can post in the thread. The advertising space would still be the same for everyone. If you look for players to sign by looking at the forums then the title should reflect the content.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 15 April 2020, 22:37
The Wrecking Crew wrote:

Hopefully that's not 40 15 year olds as that would be a lot of links to post smiley

Alpha Wolf (Lewis Taylor Brent) 16 April 2020, 03:21
The player might be intended to be put on auction/TL, but that doesn't change that they are ineligible to be sold.. I think it should be limited to players who are listed or at the very least able to be listed. (I don't use the threads, don't see the point really, but I can see why it would be annoying). The OP isn't complaining that it's unfair, only that it's inconvenient.

Whittall United (Grant) 16 April 2020, 03:30
Ops only complaining because he had a thread locked, he let's things like that get to him, each to their own I suppose.

The rules are the same for everyone, not really seeing a problem here.

It's for advertising a player for sale, he obviously will be sold, because that's why he's there. Are we now gonna stop people advertising altogether?

Alpha Wolf (Lewis Taylor Brent) 16 April 2020, 03:32
Whittall United wrote:
Ops only complaining because he had a thread locked, he let's things like that get to him, each to their own I suppose.

The rules are the same for everyone, not really seeing a problem here.

It's for advertising a player for sale, he obviously will be sold, because that's why he's there. Are we now gonna stop people advertising altogether?
Ah, that's fair enough, bad OP smiley

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 16 April 2020, 15:23
I literally see no issue with advertising players that are transfer listed or will soon be sold once they hit 5 trains, it's a good way to drum up interest for your player to try and maximise how much you sell him for surely?

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 16 April 2020, 17:00
Fox Valley FC wrote:
I literally see no issue with advertising players that are transfer listed or will soon be sold once they hit 5 trains, it's a good way to drum up interest for your player to try and maximise how much you sell him for surely?
Yep.

= It's simple really,
> either allow the 15yr olds thread to include the fresh kids intended to be sold after 5 trains, or,
put up with managers misusing the Valuations thread to achieve the same advertising of players.
I know which I prefer smiley