Forums

Miscellaneous

Player Sales Threads

Posted in General

Whittall United (Grant) 16 April 2020, 17:53
Nothing needed changing before ops thread was closed, or the many years hes spent here.

Edited BW

He'll be back with some other trivial complaint, because he isnt getting his own way smiley

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 16 April 2020, 18:03
Whittall United wrote:
Nothing needed changing before ops thread was closed, or the many years hes spent here.

Edited BW

He'll be back with some other trivial complaint, because he isnt getting his own way smiley
Edited BW

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 16 April 2020, 18:05
I am fast running out of patience with both of ya

The International Forum Rules

Section 1 - Conduct

1.1 - As per Game Rule 2.1, condescending remarks and personal attacks are not allowed.

Stick to the simple rule

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 16 April 2020, 18:18
Edited BW

Whittall United (Grant) 17 April 2020, 12:36
Missed all this, what happened smiley

Anybody got the short version to send me smiley

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

Nobody has actually given an idea on how people are suppose to advertise if they cant post in the relevant section.
Are users against the idea of people advertising a player they cant sell yet?

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 17 April 2020, 12:42
Wow, surprised to see I caused such consternation. Only just spotted this thread. Quite amusing the OP complains that he doesn't like my thread in the sales forum (which was perfectly in line with the rules) whilst simultaneously breaking them by having his own thread locked and posting in my thread in sales.

The player will be sold after 5 trainings which is exactly what I outlined in the post in sales. No different to having a transfer listed player, and as others have pointed out, I started the thread early to allow people to spot him. In the same way, I often look in both English and Danish 15 year old sales threads to spot players my scouts have missed, and I am actively looking for the ones that aren't yet on auction when I do that, as do most of the bigger clubs in the game (not that I'm one of them, I just know how they operate).

So essentially the OP is complaining that he uses the 15 year old forum in a certain way, and because not everybody does it his way, he is throwing his toys out the pram.

If the OP doesn't like then I can only offer my deepest apologies for not really giving a toss what he thinks.

Whittall United (Grant) 17 April 2020, 14:01
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Wow, surprised to see I caused such consternation. Only just spotted this thread. Quite amusing the OP complains that he doesn't like my thread in the sales forum (which was perfectly in line with the rules) whilst simultaneously breaking them by having his own thread locked and posting in my thread in sales.

The player will be sold after 5 trainings which is exactly what I outlined in the post in sales. No different to having a transfer listed player, and as others have pointed out, I started the thread early to allow people to spot him. In the same way, I often look in both English and Danish 15 year old sales threads to spot players my scouts have missed, and I am actively looking for the ones that aren't yet on auction when I do that, as do most of the bigger clubs in the game (not that I'm one of them, I just know how they operate).

So essentially the OP is complaining that he uses the 15 year old forum in a certain way, and because not everybody does it his way, he is throwing his toys out the pram.

If the OP doesn't like then I can only offer my deepest apologies for not really giving a toss what he thinks.
Pretty much sums it up.

Its been this way since forever, and it works, everyone has to abide by the same rules, no advantage for anybody.
Fairs fair and all that smiley

Newcastle United FC (James) 17 April 2020, 16:07
Whittall United wrote:
No Pukki No Party wrote:

Pretty much sums it up.

Its been this way since forever, and it works, everyone has to abide by the same rules, no advantage for anybody.
The way I took it as the OP thinks the player sales forum should be used for players actually available at that moment. Personally it doesn't affect me in the slightest, as from as far as I can remember its the way its been used. Simple solution I can see would be to rename the threads Player Sales/Advertisements.

Whittall United (Grant) 17 April 2020, 16:15
Newcastle United FC wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
No Pukki No Party wrote:

Pretty much sums it up.

The way I took it as the OP thinks the player sales forum should be used for players actually available at that moment. Personally it doesn't affect me in the slightest, as from as far as I can remember its the way its been used. Simple solution I can see would be to rename the threads Player Sales/Advertisements.
But Op only thinks this now, because he got a thread locked, hes never had an issue before.

Yep a name change could help, but again, not sure its really necessary imo.