Forums

Miscellaneous

Weekly VM Progression Chat (All Welcome)

Posted in General

Final Whistle (join) 25 May 2020, 20:24
South Africa wrote:
Magic Monkeys wrote:
South Africa wrote:

Very nice team you have, don't see anybody with Ukraine! But yeah, or sure, auctions are the way to go but going days at a time and finding nobody is heartbreaking, smiley

Hopefully Brazil will treat me better!
Thanks! It’s taken me a fair few weeks to get to a point where I’m happy with almost every player in the squad. I would say for you as you have a good facility the key thing is to just stuck with it and have some patience. The more weeks that pass you’ll start to create 1 or 2 youths that will do a job, and you’ll find a few auction bargains. Patience is always the answer in this game, I’ve learnt that the hard way!

If you ever want any help with the one nation plan feel free to message me, I’m still extremely new to it but happy to pass on some guidance that others have shared with me
Thanks man. I'll drop you a message, somebody to talk to about it will definitely not harm things, for both of us I'm sure. smiley
Here is an ideea, you only need the first team to be from the same nation, you can trade any other to make money...

Low Achievers (Aaron) 25 May 2020, 20:56
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
South Africa wrote:
Magic Monkeys wrote:
South Africa wrote:

Very nice team you have, don't see anybody with Ukraine! But yeah, or sure, auctions are the way to go but going days at a time and finding nobody is heartbreaking, smiley

Hopefully Brazil will treat me better!
Thanks! It’s taken me a fair few weeks to get to a point where I’m happy with almost every player in the squad. I would say for you as you have a good facility the key thing is to just stuck with it and have some patience. The more weeks that pass you’ll start to create 1 or 2 youths that will do a job, and you’ll find a few auction bargains. Patience is always the answer in this game, I’ve learnt that the hard way!

If you ever want any help with the one nation plan feel free to message me, I’m still extremely new to it but happy to pass on some guidance that others have shared with me
Thanks man. I'll drop you a message, somebody to talk to about it will definitely not harm things, for both of us I'm sure. smiley
Here is an ideea, you only need the first team to be from the same nation, you can trade any other to make money...
I see your idea but then you aren't totally one nation or have a theme..

Magic Monkeys (Josh) 26 May 2020, 16:31
Another week or so has passed since my last update on the progression of the Ukraine project.

The season just gone was my first season in Brazil, and my first Division 4 season with the Ukrainians. We finished 4th and the youth stayed up in Division 5 which all contributed to the highest weekly ticket sales ever for the club.

I've made a few new signings, one senior defender which now makes me believe promotion is achievable this season and we have started well so far, leading the league after 9 games. I've also made a number of youth signings, 2 15 year olds and a 19 year old to both improve the current and potential ability of the youth squad. As a result, a few of the weakest Ukrainians have been moved on.

I seem to have created a good Ukrainian youth, after 4 trains all of my scouts say his potential is reasonable so he slots into a rapidly improving overall squad. I'm now left with almost no money but at my highest ever club value of 111.5m.

It's difficult to know where to go from here but the plan is to keep increasing ticket revenues as the senior squad improves and climbs higher whilst beginning to sell some of my more expensive and more talented Ukrainians in order to create or find more talented youths and increase the cash reserves once again.

Braziliance (Bobby S) 26 May 2020, 23:13
Magic Monkeys wrote:
Another week or so has passed since my last update on the progression of the Ukraine project.

The season just gone was my first season in Brazil, and my first Division 4 season with the Ukrainians. We finished 4th and the youth stayed up in Division 5 which all contributed to the highest weekly ticket sales ever for the club.

I've made a few new signings, one senior defender which now makes me believe promotion is achievable this season and we have started well so far, leading the league after 9 games. I've also made a number of youth signings, 2 15 year olds and a 19 year old to both improve the current and potential ability of the youth squad. As a result, a few of the weakest Ukrainians have been moved on.

I seem to have created a good Ukrainian youth, after 4 trains all of my scouts say his potential is reasonable so he slots into a rapidly improving overall squad. I'm now left with almost no money but at my highest ever club value of 111.5m.

It's difficult to know where to go from here but the plan is to keep increasing ticket revenues as the senior squad improves and climbs higher whilst beginning to sell some of my more expensive and more talented Ukrainians in order to create or find more talented youths and increase the cash reserves once again.
I have just begun a similar journey as you mate I went with Brazil.soldlots of players but have some I waned to hold onto a bit to get more than risking the auction. moving to Brazil in the future and looking at your squad we should be in a similar division so maybe we will cross paths. good job on the team so far

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 26 May 2020, 23:35
Great work on your teams guys, I'd love to do something similar but i really don't have the patience

Got a question if anyone knows, what's the best way to flip on auctions? Is there any general rule i.e times to buy/sell, types of players etc.

Cheers

Final Whistle (join) 27 May 2020, 10:56
Wanyamas in Pyjamas wrote:
Great work on your teams guys, I'd love to do something similar but i really don't have the patience

Got a question if anyone knows, what's the best way to flip on auctions? Is there any general rule i.e times to buy/sell, types of players etc.

Cheers
I guess it depends on player, if it's high rated go with end of the auction period, 23h45+, if it's younger maybe 20h00-20h30... 24 hrs in both cases preferable in case someone is scouting for the player's profile

Braziliance (Bobby S) 28 May 2020, 10:25
Wanyamas in Pyjamas wrote:

Cheers
Cheers dude

I would say it used to be easier to buy players cheaper and flip but with so many people being at home I am finding bargains less and less well even more so now I'm trying one nation. if I'm after advice a lot of the time I hassle Paul @ bolton wanderers which I know he loves haha

Wanyamas in Pyjamas (Oliver Spooner) 2 June 2020, 12:49
How's people getting on with their goals?

My trading has been going fairly well and consistent on the whole and now trading better players to take advantage of the increased ticket sales of being in div 2

Also created this youth talent - /Link removed Arsenäl FC any idea what he's worth?

Crackalackin (Leroy) 2 June 2020, 15:19
Created my first Wonderkid since returning. I feel like a proud father

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 2 June 2020, 15:25
Crackalackin wrote:
Created my first Wonderkid since returning. I feel like a proud father
smiley smiley