Miscellaneous

Protesting

Posted in Off Topic

Bray FC (Oh heckers) 9 June 2020, 10:52
Did anyone go out protesting?

Whittall United (Grant) 9 June 2020, 12:48
No

Cant Score (Hello) 9 June 2020, 16:48
No and ill be pretty annoyed if I have to spend another day in lock down thanks to these idiots.

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 10 June 2020, 09:33
I stand for there rights.

I do not like them idiots who are just there to cause trouble..

Looting, causing fights and vandalising things just is not on.

Those who are trying to take down Churchill’s statue are twats.. if it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t be the country we are today and probably speaking German.

Social distances welp yeah all stupid too looking forward to 1-2 weeks when the next wave comes in and lockdown has to last another two months or whatever cheers.

All our work here in the nhs going down the drain.

All lives matter... everyone protesting just think off all those lives that will die because the spread of covid.

Smh sorry just got home from a night shift

Firefrower (FireFlame17) 11 June 2020, 15:11
lot off idiot who think vandalising is more important than stoping covid.

I am very much against rasisum but protesting in this way is disgustingf especaily when you see little family shop wrecked by these vandals. Disgusting

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 18 June 2020, 23:10
What I want to know is how many of these protestors have ancestors who benefited from - or indeed were involved in - the slave trade. etc.

Perhaps they should eliminate themselves before they start going about trying to change our history!

Ladeside FC (Steven) 20 June 2020, 16:14
You all need to get an education in history. The admin bloke above me "Sudoku" just mouthed off the biggest load of rubbish i have come across. You have missed the point by an embarrassing margin.

I'm deeply worried people like this walk among us. Deary me.

watching old blokes pretend to defend statues was a laugh. What was that about? GSTQ blasting and such. weird and creepy. But they don't see this as bigotry is ingrained in them.

may I also add... such people will be raging as they read this.Good. get an education and stop me this a "what about me?" issue. creepy.

Whittall United (Grant) 24 June 2020, 12:40
Ladeside FC wrote:
You all need to get an education in history. The admin bloke above me "Sudoku" just mouthed off the biggest load of rubbish i have come across. You have missed the point by an embarrassing margin.

I'm deeply worried people like this walk among us. Deary me.

watching old blokes pretend to defend statues was a laugh. What was that about? GSTQ blasting and such. weird and creepy. But they don't see this as bigotry is ingrained in them.

may I also add... such people will be raging as they read this.Good. get an education and stop me this a "what about me?" issue. creepy.
Im deeply worried people like you walk amongst us smiley

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 27 June 2020, 11:45
Johns Army wrote:
Those who are trying to take down Churchill’s statue are twats.. if it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t be the country we are today and probably speaking German.
Nobody tried to take it down did they? They spray-painted "was a racist on it"... which is absolutely correct. He was a racist. Might be unpalatable as he is remembered as being a great wartime leader, and he was a great wartime leader.

He was also a horrible man and a rabid racist that directly contributed to 3 million Bengalis starving to death because he didn't give a toss if they lived or died. He also advocated using poison gas on innocents in the colonies.

Both sides to Churchill exist simultaneously.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/not-his-finest-hour-the-dark-side-of-winston-churchill-2118317.html

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 27 June 2020, 12:39
My belief is this:
everyone should be treated equally if they break the law.

Be that a police officer who kneels for an extended time on someones neck,
or a protestor who engages in pulling down a statue.

I don't care one jot which side of the street someone lives on; whether their home has an odd or even number; what colour their hair or skin is; which football team they support; what their job is; which religion they follow; what their orientation (of any kind) is; where they were born or now live. Etc etc etc.

I do care that they live by the laws in force wherever they live now.
Whether that be not dropping litter; not killing or hurting other people (or unnecessarily animals), not driving too fast or when drunk etc, not causing damage to property which doesn't belong to them, not allowing their dogs to foul away from home without then cleaning it up; not taking or dealing illegal drugs; not rioting, stealing, or causing disturbance, etc etc etc.

Those that cannot - or choose not to - abide by the laws should have two choices:
face the consequences (greater punishments than we currently hand out in this country IMO), or, move to anther country where different laws apply.
Should they decide to remain then they can bring to bear lawful protest and or vote whichever way they like in order to try to get things changed should the majority agree.

This applies whether the person lives in the USA, here, or any other lawful democracy.

If I wanted to go and live with a tribe headed by a witch doctor, or in Iran, China or Russia, I wouldn't expected to be treated as I am here. Free (to a certain extent) to express my views without fear of persecution.
Those choosing not to live by our laws should leave and live elsewhere.
(And so far as "disbanding the police" (USA) goes, = GL with living there once no laws are enforced!)

Really, where will all this end though?

If we are to allow the criminal damaging of statues?,
then start "pulling" old tv programs because some people object to their content,
(many of which I didn't enjoy in the first place when they were made because of that same content! - I just chose not to watch them...),
are we then going to move on to "pulling" all the various songs which contain offensive material?
and what next? - surely all the books that have been written which offend one section of society or another? - or indeed one individual.
Where then for the "educate yourself" direction? - there will be no historical information left to educate ourselves with!

No. Let us all stick to the laws, protest peacefully when & where necessary - & when it is safe to congregate to do so!, look after ourselves, our families, friends, neighbours and the NHS, and be better people once this horrible Covid19 is under control.