Forums

Miscellaneous

Protesting

Posted in Off Topic

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 27 June 2020, 12:52
Problem with all of that Sudoku is that the people in charge don't respect the law. Just this week, a government minister has been exposed taking bribes to stop his billionaire mate paying tax. Tax (£50 million!!) that would fund hundreds/thousands of police officers and nurses.... Not only has that happened, but he is STILL IN HIS JOB!! When the people running the country don't play by the rules, and are exposed without consequence, then why should anyone else bother?

When there are statues put up for men who slaughtered your ancestors and sold them into slavery whilst black history is denigrated and confined to a month, why should they play by the rules when the rulebook is totally different because they're black?

I don't agree with pulling Colston's statue down, but I'm not bothered that it happened and won't mourn it. It should have been done long ago, and would have been if the Tory councillors hadn't blocked it.

I think Trevor Noah says it far more eloquently than I can...

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 27 June 2020, 13:00
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Problem with all of that Sudoku is that the people in charge don't respect the law.
Indeed!
- & that is why I say the sanctions should be greater than they are now.
Without going into specific cases, there are several people in the government - and other political parties - from the very top down - that I believe shouldn't be there.

I'm certainly not saying that every statue - or picture etc of everyone / or everything is pleasant for some people to see - but they need to be removed by legal means if necessary - not "mob rule".

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 27 June 2020, 13:32
Indeed.

One thing I did mean to address from your original post is what appears to be a misconception. Most people are not advocating police are disbanded entirely - there is a fringe of extreme idiots who think it's viable but most sensible people are calling for reform.

They are advocating the police be "defunded" - That doesn't mean entirely stop funding them and disband, but it means reform and stop militarising them. Stop giving them budgets that allow them to stockpile weapons (bought of the US army usually).

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/04/defund-the-police-us-george-floyd-budgets

Lateside united (KK) 2 July 2020, 00:01
The just far left that's lost brexit so looking for something else to moan about time these fools were made to work all lifes matter good and bad in blacks and whites

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 3 July 2020, 14:12
Lateside united wrote:
The just far left that's lost brexit so looking for something else to moan about time these fools were made to work all lifes matter good and bad in blacks and whites
Where do you even start with this smiley

Firefrower (FireFlame17) 3 July 2020, 14:35
tbh i dont u can

Lateside united (KK) 3 July 2020, 14:49
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Johns Army wrote:
Those who are trying to take down Churchill’s statue are twats.. if it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t be the country we are today and probably speaking German.
Nobody tried to take it down did they? They spray-painted "was a racist on it"... which is absolutely correct. He was a racist. Might be unpalatable as he is remembered as being a great wartime leader, and he was a great wartime leader.

He was also a horrible man and a rabid racist that directly contributed to 3 million Bengalis starving to death because he didn't give a toss if they lived or died. He also advocated using poison gas on innocents in the colonies.

Both sides to Churchill exist simultaneously.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/not-his-finest-hour-the-dark-side-of-winston-churchill-2118317.html
you wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for that horrible man. Show some respect too are history

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 3 July 2020, 15:37
Lateside united wrote:
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Johns Army wrote:
Those who are trying to take down Churchill’s statue are twats.. if it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t be the country we are today and probably speaking German.
Nobody tried to take it down did they? They spray-painted "was a racist on it"... which is absolutely correct. He was a racist. Might be unpalatable as he is remembered as being a great wartime leader, and he was a great wartime leader.

He was also a horrible man and a rabid racist that directly contributed to 3 million Bengalis starving to death because he didn't give a toss if they lived or died. He also advocated using poison gas on innocents in the colonies.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/not-his-finest-hour-the-dark-side-of-winston-churchill-2118317.html
you wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for that horrible man. Show some respect too are history
smiley

Lateside united (KK) 3 July 2020, 16:18
Rookery Park wrote:
Lateside united wrote:
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Johns Army wrote:

smiley
what's so funny he's polish if it wasn't for Churchill his great grandparents would have been gassed by hittler he's over here for better life and he's basically ripping are country to bits. If he's not happy should go back to Poland and let Britain become great again

Twickenham Wanderers (Joe Childs) 3 July 2020, 16:48
Rookery Park wrote:
Lateside united wrote:
Where do you even start with this smiley
A good place to start would probably be how to spell 'Lives', then maybe moving on to explaining why that is an inherently racist statement.