Forums

Miscellaneous

Squad size

Posted in General

Billingham Synthonia (Marcus Thorncliffe) 6 August 2020, 14:41
I've just noticed my squd size has been maxed at 22, even though i have 26 players. ANyone know what has happened? I still have more than 30 days of premium left...

Sporting CP (James) 6 August 2020, 15:16
Squads are split now. 22 for main squads and another 20 slots for 23 and under. You can move alot of your players to your youth squad smiley

Billingham Synthonia (Marcus Thorncliffe) 6 August 2020, 15:23
How annoying i don't really want a youth squad

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 6 August 2020, 15:28
Billingham Synthonia wrote:
How annoying i don't really want a youth squad
Why not?

Billingham Synthonia (Marcus Thorncliffe) 6 August 2020, 15:30
Its another cost of stadium, more player contracts, unhappy players not playing all when i'm trying to save for better facilities. To fill the youth squad with anything worth having is going to require fees, i'm in division 6. I can't waste money on transfers and wages just yet

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 6 August 2020, 15:46
Billingham Synthonia wrote:
Its another cost of stadium, more player contracts, unhappy players not playing all when i'm trying to save for better facilities. To fill the youth squad with anything worth having is going to require fees, i'm in division 6. I can't waste money on transfers and wages just yet
No player fees for 15 year olds so just buy 1c 15 year olds. No matter how low attendance you have, it's a win win situation for you as the minimum it will cost you is 8c to participate in the youth league.

I'm in the premier league with my youth team and I can tell you, the condition of my stadium is falling very very slow.

Billingham Synthonia (Marcus Thorncliffe) 6 August 2020, 16:05
I get your point about it only costing 8c a day. But still, it's an utterly pointless concept at this level. My youth team will never be promoted or relegated. If the players are good enough then they are likely to go into my first team anyway as I’m just starting out. Credits are hard to come by so i don't need to be putting it into a stadium or the upkeep of that stadium all for what? To have players who aren't good enough just making up the numbers and getting beat every game

I'm sure this works brilliantly for teams in divisions 4 and above but at my level and stage of the game it's absolutely unnecessary, in fact penalises anyone at my level and takes away resources that aren’t really there anyway. In your situation it’s great, you’ve had the time and got the credits to have a go at it and your youth stadium is magnificent, but also I bet that deteriorates slower and upgrades can be afforded. I don’t have the pull of people to justify building a stadium and then ploughing money into the upkeep. I don’t have a training ground which is good enough to develop players at any given rate. So I need to put all my energy into finding new players who’ve slipped through the cracks and develop what I can before selling on. Now I can’t do that as I’m forced to have this youth squad with deadwood sat in it costing me credits.

It absolutely wasn’t needed to enforce this change and stuffs anyone who’s newer to the game and in the lower leagues by requiring them to take part in something that they don’t need to. It was fine as optional and those who wanted to could.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 6 August 2020, 18:15
I don't like the youth squads concept and don't use it.... however I'm not sure quite why you seem to have such a big issue with it Billingham.

As Finto said, buy 8 players for 1C each. They don't cost any wages at 15. These players may suck, but they will still bring you in a few credits for every game, even if you don't build their stadium up. The ticket money they bring in will more than cover the cost of maintaining a small stadium. You don't have to divert any resources at all to it (aside from 8C)... you don't have to maintain the stadium if you don't wan't to. It's basically free money from the ticket sales.

I get that you don't see the point to it, simply don't use it then?

The 30 man squad was always meant to be temporary and removed back down to 22 when youth squads were implemented. That was said clearly at the outset (although I do get that if you joined the game after that announcement then you probably wouldn't have known)