Forums

Miscellaneous

New precondition

Posted in Ideas/development

Glorious Reds FC (GreatDane) 11 October 2020, 11:51
So far it has made a lot of sense that the conditions in the adjustments of a tactics relating to the score has been 'Leading by X goals or more' and 'Trailing by X goals or more'.

However, when chasing a goal difference, it would make sense to also have a condition call 'Leading by X goals or less'. So for example if I need to win by 4, I would adjust the tactics so after 60 minutes, if I lead by 2 goals or less ---> Change mentality to 'All or nothing'.

What do you think?

Enchiladas Mexicanas (Patatas Bravas) 18 October 2020, 16:58
Yeah, I agree. Funnily enough I was only thinking the same this morning. Someone needed to pull round a +20 goal difference in three games, which was never going to happen, and it made me wonder how it would be possible to make the players realise that they need to score a load of goals otherwise the season was pointless!

Obviously putting it on 'all or nothing' (or whatever it is) would do a job, I suppose. But it would be good to be able to ramp it up throughout the game (like, attacking from the start, if not winning by 2 goals at half time then xyz, then 'all or nothing', if not winning by 4 goals by 70 minutes then xyz, etc).