Forums

Miscellaneous

Switching Divisions

Posted in Ideas/development

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 28 February 2021, 17:30
Is it not about time we had a decent method for switching divisions instead of begging other managers? Call me bitter but I'm annoyed I've been asked to swap divisions and the other manager didn't end up switching and I'm now wasting two seasons in div 3 and div 2

Perhaps you should be able to submit division swap requests with managers in other countries that are in the same tier as you

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 1 March 2021, 15:09
Who was the other club who didn't switch? Had he promised to?

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 1 March 2021, 18:57
Bleeds

He asked me to, I said yes

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 22 May 2022, 19:02
Please for christ sake figure out a better system to switch divisions

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 23 May 2022, 20:18
Why don't they have option to add yourself to waiting list then if two div 1 teams are match, there's a swap

Eg if you add to list to go Greece and no division 1 wants to come the country you are leaving, then you don't get switched. Simple rule based formula

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 23 May 2022, 20:50
Understated Excellence wrote:
Why don't they have option to add yourself to waiting list then if two div 1 teams are match, there's a swap

Eg if you add to list to go Greece and no division 1 wants to come the country you are leaving, then you don't get switched. Simple rule based formula
I feel like it's such a simple fix, very frustrating

Bexley FC (Chris) 24 May 2022, 10:55
Didnt know that was even possible to swap with another manager.

However doesnt it run the risk of a group of friends all ending up in one league and manipulating games by putting out weakened sides to ensure all the friends stay in the same league ?

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 24 May 2022, 12:08
Bexley FC wrote:

However doesnt it run the risk of a group of friends all ending up in one league and manipulating games by putting out weakened sides to ensure all the friends stay in the same league ?
You can't swap really, there's still a risk involved ...spaces go to the people with the best Vifa ranking that have applied to that country

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 25 May 2022, 00:16
Bexley FC wrote:

There's plenty of coercing going on in VM anyway if you know where to look smiley

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 25 May 2022, 10:45
"and I'm now wasting two seasons in div 3 and div 2"

Oh dear. I've said my piece about this often enough and some of you know my position well that 2 players agreeing to swap leagues should be banned and is by my definition cheating. I won't rehash the reasons for why I feel this but they are explained in detail in some of my press releases. I accept I am in the seeming minority here based on the comments I see from time to time when this chestnut comes up, but as someone commented above, if you choose to switch leagues then there can be no guarantee you can barge straight into the top league of your chosen new country, and that is good and proper, IMHO.

Rolf