Forums

Miscellaneous

Newcomers Challenge

Posted in Ideas/development

Chaz City (Chaz) 12 July 2022, 19:02
I know this has been done to death, but...

can we introduce some changes to the Newcomers Challenge?

For a start, we all know the name is incorrect but I don't think we should change it - it is tradition!

Secondly, my actual idea, I think all teams should be limited to once they win, they cannot enter again. I would create a secondary cup for these sort of sides, who now qualify for Newcomers but not VMWC.

So basically, remove the VIFA rank restriction for Newcomers, create a new competition that has VIFA rank #501 to #1799, create a 3rd competition for Newcomers entries #1800 onwards but have won 1 Newcomers Challenge and finally extend VMWC from #256 to #500.

Also, on a unrelated note, do you guys agree that free spots at the start of every week should be filled with random bot teams?

Chaz City (Chaz) 6 May 2023, 21:50
bump

Port Vale F C (James) 11 July 2023, 20:50
Actually agree with this to be fair. Gives all new clubs a chance.

I progression series of cups, and then a final mid tier cup you can repeat. But you cannot enter each next cup and reach the final repeatable cup until you win all the others etc.

Newcomer
Bronze
Silver
Gold
Challenger Cup

Etc.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 14 July 2023, 21:49
A simpler and fairer solution would be ta make the newcomers cup entry only for teams who have never progressed beyond division 4 status this will automatically stop teams who get a kick in denying smaller teams a taste of silverware by deliberately falling ln the vifa ranking then purchasing a team of decent oldies .

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 17 July 2023, 14:54
Coptic Titans wrote:
A simpler and fairer solution would be ta make the newcomers cup entry only for teams who have never progressed beyond division 4 status this will automatically stop teams who get a kick in denying smaller teams a taste of silverware by deliberately falling ln the vifa ranking then purchasing a team of decent oldies .
+1

Lulerpool (Manager of Lulerpool) 22 July 2023, 14:47
Agree 100%