Forums

Miscellaneous

The Towns Accounts released (whats yours?)

Posted in General

Deleted club 8 March 2011, 14:11
The Town has made an operating profit of 5,445,000 for the last 15 seasons.

Shareholders are delighted with progress and teh news saw an increase of 0.28% in the shares which now stand at 102p

To find your own information please go to finances and look at the graph. Add up the greens and take away the reds!

Deleted club 8 March 2011, 14:22
472,200 profit over 15 seasons! lol

I make 31 grand a week on average, that is very poor.

Razey Rovers (Daniel Razey) 8 March 2011, 14:46
4.5 mill in last 15, 11 seasons in a row making a profit with last season being the highest with 728k

but expecting a big loss soon

Deleted club 8 March 2011, 15:08
That chart does not show operating profit. It is a very very poor calculation to use because I could go and sell half my team and claim a high figure or buy a player and claim a low figure. Those numbers on that graph do not show Operating Revenue or Operating Expenses.

Source: Being a doctoral researcher in Department of Business, Retail and Financial Services

Not A Hope (Steve McClaren) 8 March 2011, 15:09
7,323m for me. Am expecting huge losses soon, but not too shabby :-)

Mertons Comedy Players (Training Recovery) 8 March 2011, 15:14
Donkeys XI wrote:
That chart does not show operating profit. It is a very very poor calculation to use because I could go and sell half my team and claim a high figure or buy a player and claim a low figure. Those numbers on that graph do not show Operating Revenue or Operating Expenses.

Source: Being a doctoral researcher in Department of Business, Retail and Financial Services
This is correct.

According to the chart I'm very badly mismanaging my club running at an overall loss when in reality 90% of my assets lie in player value.

Deleted club 8 March 2011, 15:27
It is a perfect indicator of profit and loss. As the glaziers will tell you assets are not a profit until they are sold.

Deleted club 8 March 2011, 15:32
Donkeys XI wrote:

Yes they do they show stadium income and expenditures as well as staff and medical upgrades. It also takes into account wages. The only thing it misses is players value increases and as I have said assets aren't profits.

Had I said what's your club worth then that would be different.

School of finance at The Town

Deleted club 8 March 2011, 15:57
The Town wrote:
Donkeys XI wrote:

Yes they do they show stadium income and expenditures as well as staff and medical upgrades. It also takes into account wages. The only thing it misses is players value increases and as I have said assets aren't profits.

Had I said what's your club worth then that would be different.

School of finance at The Town
And where would depreciation come into this? You said operating profit, so that comes from operating profits - operating costs.

Maybe you could tell us all how you worked out the figure and I will point out where it is wrong. I wont even have to visit my bookshelf for a financial accounting textbook so my reply should be quite quick.

Mertons Comedy Players (Training Recovery) 8 March 2011, 16:14
Okay, well by this logic I am soon to be insolvent, as in the last 15seasons according to the chart I have lost 4,765,700C

However, I know this is not the case... I'm living well within my means and would be turning a near constant profit if all my money didn't go into squad improvement.