Forums

Miscellaneous

FIFA Thread

Posted in Off Topic

Whittall United (Grant) 25 January 2013, 02:02
Diament Garwolin wrote:
Spartak Wizards wrote:
From now on can all FIFA related posts be made in this topic.

Thanks
I have a question. On all FIFAs prior to FIFA 12 I really loved career mode, and usually demolished teams on world class. However, when fifa 12 came out (I dont have fifa 13) with the new defence system, I found that even on professional the CPU would keep the ball for ages without me having a chance of getting it back. This resulted in a lot of goalless draws and me switching to playing online so that I COULD ACTUALLY TACKLE MY OPPONENT.
Has anybody else encountered that problem, how have you overcome it, and was it fixed in fifa 13?
You can change it back in the controller options, but it doesn't work online.

Rhythm FC (MMM) 26 January 2013, 16:03
Whittall United wrote:
Diament Garwolin wrote:
Spartak Wizards wrote:
From now on can all FIFA related posts be made in this topic.

Thanks
I have a question. On all FIFAs prior to FIFA 12 I really loved career mode, and usually demolished teams on world class. However, when fifa 12 came out (I dont have fifa 13) with the new defence system, I found that even on professional the CPU would keep the ball for ages without me having a chance of getting it back. This resulted in a lot of goalless draws and me switching to playing online so that I COULD ACTUALLY TACKLE MY OPPONENT.
Has anybody else encountered that problem, how have you overcome it, and was it fixed in fifa 13?
You can change it back in the controller options, but it doesn't work online.
to be honest mate there is no significant difference in the way you should be defending between the old and new defending system

its always been about reading the game and knowing when and when not to press and hold your line smiley

Chaz City (Chaz) 26 January 2013, 19:17
The best way to defend on fifa is pressing. If you hold RB/R1 when the opposition has the ball someone will go to the ball. Obviously, if you run there too you can easily get ripped open, but near the opponents goal is the best way to win the ball back. If you find it hard defending, go Ultra-Defensive with Offside Trap and Counter Attack on. You'll get the goals from the counter and you'll be able to defend easily against CPU players. Doesn't really work online.

Deleted club 26 January 2013, 19:46
Does anyone else find it annoying that you cant just create a CM forva pro? Or is it just me?

Chaz City (Chaz) 26 January 2013, 19:50
Kings United FC wrote:
Does anyone else find it annoying that you cant just create a CM forva pro? Or is it just me?
I dont get what you mean

Deleted club 26 January 2013, 19:50
It has to be a CDM, CAM LM or rM

Chaz City (Chaz) 26 January 2013, 19:53
You should be able too. What are the options for the player

Deleted club 26 January 2013, 19:54
Frecheville Flyers FC wrote:
You should be able too. What are the options for the player
CDM, CAM, LM, RM

Chaz City (Chaz) 26 January 2013, 19:54
Yeah but they say defensive dont they. Which are the options for a mid

Razey Rovers (Daniel Razey) 27 January 2013, 00:51
Frecheville Flyers FC wrote:
The best way to defend on fifa is pressing. If you hold RB/R1 when the opposition has the ball someone will go to the ball. Obviously, if you run there too you can easily get ripped open, but near the opponents goal is the best way to win the ball back. If you find it hard defending, go Ultra-Defensive with Offside Trap and Counter Attack on. You'll get the goals from the counter and you'll be able to defend easily against CPU players. Doesn't really work online.
i only do this if they are running out wide then i mark up the guy in the middle to try the best to stop noobing