Forums

Miscellaneous

Electronic cigarettes

Posted in Off Topic

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 22 May 2013, 01:04
EDIT - This thread is bumped from several years ago, but if anyone wants any advice on vaping, then I'm happy to help out - just mail me smiley

Just stopping by briefly again. Quick story for all the smokers out there who want to give up:

Ive smoked 20 a day for about 12 years now, Longest I've ever gone quitting before was on Nicorette patches and gum, that was about 4 years ago and I ended up back on the fags full time after I cracked after 10 days..

I purchased one of the electronic kits which looks like a cigarette a few weeks ago. To be honest, it was a bit of a waste of money cuz the batteries are crap and the charging packs dont work properly, plus the cartridges are bloody expensive. Not as much as proper fags but a fair bit more than rolling tobacco. and about 100 times more expensive than the juice!!

HOWEVER

They bloody work. I am now 13 days cigarette free and I can happily sit next to someone smoking without it bothering me at all. I've been offered several cigs and turned them down, as Im happy to go for a "smoke" and just take my E-cig instead.
I just invested in a kit with much bigger batteries which runs on the E-Juice instead of the pre-filled cartridges. Batteries cost £10-15 and have a life span of 3-6months (last a whole day off one charge - 2 hour charge time - battery size = 900MAH) - I got 2 in my £25 kit. I'm using a tank system - the tank cartridges are 99p each and can be re-used about 6 or 7 times. Atomiser life expectancy is about 2-3months. Replacement atomisers cost £5.

Initially, it was important for me to have something that looked like a cigarette. Now, I have something that resembles a small flute and it doesnt bother me one bit!

E-juice varies in price. I have an electronic cig store by my house that sell 30ml juice for £5. People who smoked twice as many cigarettes per day than I did say they use 90ml of juice per month so even if I use the same amount they do (which I wont) It would cost me £15 per month.

So how much am I saving in total?

Cigarettes cost per month: £7.50 x 30 = £225

Electronic cigarette cost per month: Approx £25-30 including replacement pieces and juice

Switching to the E-Cig will save me around £2000+ per year!!!

The E-cig feels like smoking, but tastes better (You can get all kinds of awesome flavours, I'm enjoying a blueberry juice as I type this) and I don't stink of smoke all the time. Plus as there is no tar in E-Cigs, my lungs are a hell of a lot healthier already. You can use them most places, and as it's only water vapour, it does not set of smoke alarms so you can sneak a crafty one in the bathroom if you need to (airlines are not generally letting people use them, although some do). Personally, I dont use mine openly anywhere I wouldnt smoke openly.

So my message for any smokers out there who want to give up, is give the electronic cig a chance. Everyone I know who has tried it has not touched a cigarette since.

Anyone who wants more info or advice (there's lots of options and it can be a bit daunting), feel free to msg me. I will check my mail regularly for a few days so I will respond quickly.

Hopefully, this post will encourage at least one person to take the plunge, it's the best thing I've ever done!

Anyone else used them successfully? or has anyone tried them and found it didnt work?

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 22 May 2013, 08:50
Good going mate! I am pleased for you.

Just got to keep it up! smiley

A Z Magma (floki) 22 May 2013, 13:28
Fags are £1.78 a pack 10 Mins from where I live which doesn't help

I found I smoked out of boredom or habit and didnt actually enjoy it am now down to 5 a day usually when working but at home I very rarely have 1.keep it up good luck with it.
The price there would make me stop

Vodka is 3quid,Petrol £1.15 a litre.

Although I don't drink vodka smiley

Thierry Henry (Michael) 22 May 2013, 13:33
AZ Magma wrote:

I found I smoked out of boredom or habit and didnt actually enjoy it am now down to 5 a day usually when working but at home I very rarely have 1.keep it up good luck with it.

Where do you live?! I've moving there smiley

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 22 May 2013, 13:35
AZ Magma wrote:

Yeah it's the habit which is a big part for me too. I smoke this Electronic thing more than I smoked regular cigs, but when it costs basically nothing and has no health issues with it, Im not bothered how much I smoke it lol.

Where do u live Magma? When I was in Gambia Vodka was like £1 a shot at the hotel... or 60p per LITRE at the local shop lol.

A Z Magma (floki) 22 May 2013, 13:43
South of Spain but Gibraltar is 15 mind down The road!

Used to think spain was lovely which it is but Just got back from a week in kalkan in turkey and loved it so wanna move againsmiley although I did buy some cigs for about £2.60 a pack,fees is the best beer in the world and a cig with that was heaven!!its not easy!

Deleted club 22 May 2013, 13:49
AZ Magma wrote:
South of Spain but Gibraltar is 15 mind down The road!

Used to think spain was lovely which it is but Just got back from a week in kalkan in turkey and loved it so wanna move againsmiley although I did buy some cigs for about £2.60 a pack,fees is the best beer in the world and a cig with that was heaven!!its not easy!
If I lived there I would be dead within a year.

A Z Magma (floki) 22 May 2013, 13:51
To be honest not much else to do in Gibraltar!!

Efes beer not fees,bloody predictor thingy

FC Stoke (Rich) 22 May 2013, 13:54
Hail To The Redskins wrote:
Just stopping by briefly again. Quick story for all the smokers out there who want to give up:

Ive smoked 20 a day for about 12 years now, Longest I've ever gone quitting before was on Nicorette patches and gum, that was about 4 years ago and I ended up back on the fags full time after I cracked after 10 days..

I purchased one of the electronic kits which looks like a cigarette a few weeks ago. To be honest, it was a bit of a waste of money cuz the batteries are crap and the charging packs dont work properly, plus the cartridges are bloody expensive. Not as much as proper fags but a fair bit more than rolling tobacco. and about 100 times more expensive than the juice!!

HOWEVER

They bloody work. I am now 13 days cigarette free and I can happily sit next to someone smoking without it bothering me at all. I've been offered several cigs and turned them down, as Im happy to go for a "smoke" and just take my E-cig instead.
I just invested in a kit with much bigger batteries which runs on the E-Juice instead of the pre-filled cartridges. Batteries cost £10-15 and have a life span of 3-6months (last a whole day off one charge - 2 hour charge time - battery size = 900MAH) - I got 2 in my £25 kit. I'm using a tank system - the tank cartridges are 99p each and can be re-used about 6 or 7 times. Atomiser life expectancy is about 2-3months. Replacement atomisers cost £5.

Initially, it was important for me to have something that looked like a cigarette. Now, I have something that resembles a small flute and it doesnt bother me one bit!

E-juice varies in price. I have an electronic cig store by my house that sell 30ml juice for £5. People who smoked twice as many cigarettes per day than I did say they use 90ml of juice per month so even if I use the same amount they do (which I wont) It would cost me £15 per month.

So how much am I saving in total?

Cigarettes cost per month: £7.50 x 30 = £225

Electronic cigarette cost per month: Approx £25-30 including replacement pieces and juice

Switching to the E-Cig will save me around £2000+ per year!!!

The E-cig feels like smoking, but tastes better (You can get all kinds of awesome flavours, I'm enjoying a blueberry juice as I type this) and I don't stink of smoke all the time. Plus as there is no tar in E-Cigs, my lungs are a hell of a lot healthier already. You can use them most places, and as it's only water vapour, it does not set of smoke alarms so you can sneak a crafty one in the bathroom if you need to (airlines are not generally letting people use them, although some do). Personally, I dont use mine openly anywhere I wouldnt smoke openly.

So my message for any smokers out there who want to give up, is give the electronic cig a chance. Everyone I know who has tried it has not touched a cigarette since.

Anyone who wants more info or advice (there's lots of options and it can be a bit daunting), feel free to msg me. I will check my mail regularly for a few days so I will respond quickly.

Hopefully, this post will encourage at least one person to take the plunge, it's the best thing I've ever done!

Anyone else used them successfully? or has anyone tried them and found it didnt work?
Who you working for mate? Lol smiley

I actually have a link on my iPad to buy one when I get round to it but been putting it off as don't want to waste money incase it doesn't work...

Tbh I am quite a light smoker...prob about 5 a day unless I am on the pop where I can easily smoke 20...

So still undecided...but will prob try it sooner or later smiley

Deleted club 22 May 2013, 14:05
I stopped for 6 years without any help, as from tomorrow going to try again I'll see how I do before investing in the sky cig I think.