Forums

Miscellaneous

What is your number 1 aim in this game?

Posted in General

Mayndog United (Manager of Mayndog United) 9 April 2019, 14:48
My aim is to achieve as much as I can without upgrading to premium. So I cannot upgrade my stadium, buy scouts or trainers, have a youth squad or any of that good stuff. Just have to rely on good old fashioned management of a small club with no resources.

History so far in the English league:

Division 7, Group 16 - 1st place, 91 GD, 84 pts
Division 6, Group 8 - 1st place, 97 GD, 85 pts
Division 5, Group 4 - 11th place, -12 GD, 38 pts
Division 5, Group 4 - 10th place, -19 GD, 32 pts
Division 5, Group 4 - 8th place, 8 GD, 41 pts
Division 5, Group 4 - 6th place, 16 GD, 50 pts
Division 5, Group 4 - 4th place, 26 GD, 62 pts

First two seasons were easy and won championships just stocking the team with free transfers. Division 5 is far harder as need to buy players to be competitive, but have very little cash.

Gonna be a long journey to the top!

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 13 April 2019, 19:19
My current short term aim is to complete the "double" in Italy.
(although short term has been totally not the case as I've been chasing this for over a year now smiley )

After that I'll return to England where I need the double again to gain the full set.

Vifa #1 is still the long term objective - but I'll quite possibly never manager that one ... (?)

Forest Fire (Marv) 13 April 2019, 19:29
SuDoku AFC wrote:
My current short term aim is to complete the "double" in Italy.
(although short term has been totally not the case as I've been chasing this for over a year now smiley )

After that I'll return to England where I need the double again to gain the full set.

Vifa #1 is still the long term objective - but I'l quite possibly never manager that one ... (?)
Every chance of the double this year for you.
Into the semis after knocking me out smiley
Well played

My aim is simple. To get to Number 1 smiley

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 13 April 2019, 19:32
Forest Fire wrote:
Every chance of the double this year for you.
Into the semis after knocking me out smiley
Well played

My aim is simple. To get to Number 1 smiley
Yeah, thanks - another hard fought match between our teams smiley

I have to say Italy is certainly full of decent squads right now... = toughest it's been for months ...

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 13 April 2019, 19:39
My short term goal is to finish off my stadium bowl ,, afterwards I need to have a more determined approach into establishing my team to Division 2 standard .

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 13 April 2019, 19:43
Mayndog United wrote:
My aim is to achieve as much as I can without upgrading to premium. So I cannot upgrade my stadium, buy scouts or trainers, have a youth squad or any of that good stuff. Just have to rely on good old fashioned management of a small club with no resources.

First two seasons were easy and won championships just stocking the team with free transfers. Division 5 is far harder as need to buy players to be competitive, but have very little cash.

All the players you have rated in 20s or less I'd let leave. Don't waste credits on contracts. In your position, many just operate with 11players. If they get a red or injury, they simply take hit and play 2/3 games with ten men.

Kiwi Sails (Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aviero) 13 April 2019, 22:59
Understated Excellence wrote:
Mayndog United wrote:

All the players you have rated in 20s or less I'd let leave. Don't waste credits on contracts. In your position, many just operate with 11players. If they get a red or injury, they simply take hit and play 2/3 games with ten men.
I prefer to have 12 men so I have a sub for an injury. Someone with a low salary

Rompmonsters (Andy) 14 April 2019, 16:33
Phantom Phoenixes wrote:
- Break into the top 100 of the VIFA ranks
- Reach the final of a cup competition or finish in the top 3 of the SPL (basically get an award on my information page)
Currently at 136
Didn't get very far in the cups this season. Gonna step the goals down a little

- Break into Top 125 on the VIFA Rankings
- Reach the Semi Finals of the Scottish Cup

World Class FC (Check out my players on TL) 14 April 2019, 19:12
Finally Div 3 for the first time in club history! Hope to not get relegated!

Rompmonsters (Andy) 28 April 2019, 10:59
Rompmonsters wrote:
Phantom Phoenixes wrote:
- Break into the top 100 of the VIFA ranks
- Reach the final of a cup competition or finish in the top 3 of the SPL (basically get an award on my information page)
Currently at 136
Didn't get very far in the cups this season. Gonna step the goals down a little

- Break into Top 125 on the VIFA Rankings
- Reach the Semi Finals of the Scottish Cup
Made it to the semi finals of the VM World Cup so I'll count that for the cup goal

- Last goal is to break into the top 125, with the goal of making it into the top 100 after that

I don't see any real value in a prolonged stay at the top since I'm not about to win a domestic title any time soon so once I've hit the top 100 I'm not really sure what I want to do