Forums

Miscellaneous

Lock please

Posted in Locked B/L Threads

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 5 May 2016, 23:25
MESSAGES HAVE STOPPED NOW - LOCK PLEASE

Getting really sick of this - I make one logo in here, and get bombarded with messages saying "Can you make me a logo etc".

No wonder nobody ever bothers making them any more, there's no appreciation for the people who do bother to make logos, just a load of people jumping all over your inbox every time you make one really simple logo, demanding that you spend hours making theirs, and some of the messages are incredibly rude and self-entitled.

I'm putting this out there now, I am done making logos for anyone except myself, and a few people I know on the game, and have known for a while. I am not making them for anyone I've never spoken to, and messaging me asking will get reported as it's against forum rules, and you'll instantly be blocked.

If this carries on, I will just turn my inbox to friends only (and have a cull of my friend list), but it's a little bit sad that I would have to do that, just to prevent loads of hassle in my inbox with people begging for logos (or worse demanding them).

If you're struggling to find someone to make a logo for you, do what I did.... TEACH YOURSELF . It's not that hard. I have no graphic design experience whatsoever, I downloaded Paint.net and taught myself through trial and error. These days, there are tonnes of youtube videos guiding you through it step by step so there's really no excuses, except laziness.

Deleted club 6 May 2016, 00:25
Mabye people can't get paint net and the reason the banner/logo forum was made, was for people who can't make logos and need help

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 6 May 2016, 00:44
Leicester Till I Die wrote:
Mabye people can't get paint net and the reason the banner/logo forum was made, was for people who can't make logos and need help
Paint.net is free. It's available on Windows systems. Mac systems have various free programmes available too.. There are various free programmes available on tablets too. There is very few legitimate reasons people wouldn't be able to do it themselves with a little effort (although obviously there are a few, such as disabilities etc).

You're right though, that's why the FORUM was made, however it's not the reason my mailbox exists and I don't appreciate it being full of spam every time I log on because people can't follow simple rules.

(I'm aware this topic doesn't strictly conform to the forum protocols, but I'm hoping the mods won't mind leaving it here for a day or two, as the people who are mailing me are doing so from finding me on this forum).

Deleted club 6 May 2016, 01:00
Dothraki Horde wrote:
Paint.net is free. It's available on Windows systems. Mac systems have various free programmes available too.. There are various free programmes available on tablets too. There is very few legitimate reasons people wouldn't be able to do it themselves with a little effort (although obviously there are a few, such as disabilities etc).

You're right though, that's why the FORUM was made, however it's not the reason my mailbox exists and I don't appreciate it being full of spam every time I log on because people can't follow simple rules.

(I'm aware this topic doesn't strictly conform to the forum protocols, but I'm hoping the mods won't mind leaving it here for a day or two, as the people who are mailing me are doing so from finding me on this forum).
I can't get paint.net as my tablet is android and all the logo website I've been trying are crap

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 6 May 2016, 01:05

I can't get paint.net as my tablet is android and all the logo website I've been trying are crap
I've just found about 5 fully featured programmes, for free, available on tablet with a quick google search. Tablets aren't ideal but it's totally possible, and relatively easy for you to create the logo you requested in your topic, yourself, on your tablet.

Skulls and Bones (PK) Forum moderator 6 May 2016, 16:51
Dothraki Horde wrote:

Fine by me. Sunday I'll move it to locked threads.

Deleted club 6 May 2016, 17:17
Dothraki Horde wrote:

I've just found about 5 fully featured programmes, for free, available on tablet with a quick google search. Tablets aren't ideal but it's totally possible, and relatively easy for you to create the logo you requested in your topic, yourself, on your tablet.
What are they? (I need a logo as well)

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 6 May 2016, 18:00

ryanthelion (Ryan Micallef) 6 May 2016, 19:47
To be fair, I don't think there's anything wrong with someone seeing you make a good logo and then wanting one themselves. Fair enough if they ask rudely you should deny it but if people are polite about it you can just politely decline if you don't have time rather than moaning about it

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 6 May 2016, 19:50
ryanthelion wrote:
To be fair, I don't think there's anything wrong with someone seeing you make a good logo and then wanting one themselves. Fair enough if they ask rudely you should deny it but if people are polite about it you can just politely decline if you don't have time rather than moaning about it
That's what the forum is for, if they want one themselves. There's the rule about mailing the makers for a reason. Who enjoys getting spam mail?