Forums

Miscellaneous

Retirements: Option to negotiate final contract?

Posted in Ideas/development

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 28 January 2018, 00:08
This may have been covered before - but not recently to my knowledge...?

Would we like to see the option to negotiate a final contract with a retiring player?

- ie: a player announces he is going to retire, - so still, as now, cannot be sold.
But, for players who are not already on max'd contracts, there could be an option to negotiate for instance a further week of service on current or double wages?, or perhaps a further two weeks at three or four times current wages?, or even maxing to 3 weeks - as could have been done before the announcement - but at perhaps 5 times current wages?
- The wage rises could be even higher than that if necessary to prevent everyone from never extending any older player contracts.

This way, if you have a player who is vital to your team you could pay heavily to keep him for the last 3 weeks if you've missed extending his contract, or, if you have someone you value less, you can ignore the final contract option and let him go as per his announcement.

This would lessen the perceived "unfairness" of buying a player only for him to announce retirement that same night - when for whatever reason we've not extended his initial 3 day contract.

No player could end up with a longer contract than available before, - therefore there's no unfairness with this option to the rest of the Gameworld / managers.

Thoughts please? ... :

Mollz pro (alt på t list byd) 14 February 2018, 13:34
I totally agree!

The "unfairness" about buying a 32 year old player you dont expect to retire the moment you get him. I think the player should be in a club atleast 48 hours before making a decision about his future. As a bonus i would love if there was a "chat" made for your own players like in fifa if a player is fit and asks if he can be in the start 11 for this upcoming match in career mode or if he is dissapointed in losing the spot to another player that affect his mood. Same should be here in this game with retirement where you could have a chat with him and increase his wages as you say, for a extended period of time to make sure you have him all season out atleast.

You dont see any football player join a club on deadline day and 1 hour later he says he will retire in a few days.. smiley

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 17 February 2018, 16:46
Sounds good to me too smiley

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 17 February 2018, 17:06
Sounds like a very logical idea smiley

Western Football Club (gg) 9 April 2018, 01:51
I agree,

I say you extend the ammount of lengh a plaayer can have on their contract to 31 other than 21. Also the retirment age and maybe knowing in advance what year they plan on retirment and talks to make them out of retirment or even bringing players out of retirment like Paul Scholes done.

Opinions?

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 14 April 2018, 10:01
Los Angeles AFC wrote:
I agree,

I say you extend the ammount of lengh a plaayer can have on their contract to 31 other than 21. Also the retirment age and maybe knowing in advance what year they plan on retirment and talks to make them out of retirment or even bringing players out of retirment like Paul Scholes done.

Opinions?
They couldn't be bothered coding that for us

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 14 April 2018, 13:02
I disagree. I think there is a risk in buying a 33 year old and don’t see that an insurance policy should be introduced to extend his playable life
If he’s vital and already at your club, then plan by getting a replacement ready.
Players retiring at 32 sucks, but at least it’s unusual
Rolf

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 15 April 2018, 21:40
Newcastle U FC wrote:
I disagree. I think there is a risk in buying a 33 year old and don’t see that an insurance policy should be introduced to extend his playable life
If he’s vital and already at your club, then plan by getting a replacement ready.
Players retiring at 32 sucks, but at least it’s unusual
Rolf
Unless the 33yr old is Ronaldo