Forums

Miscellaneous

Instagram?

Posted in Off Topic

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 11 December 2018, 20:31
Anyone on here on Instagram for personal or as some kind of blog/gaming/business page? smiley

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 12 December 2018, 13:53
Get a life smiley

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 12 December 2018, 13:55
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Get a life smiley
smiley I applaud you on your well thought out response smiley

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 12 December 2018, 13:57
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Get a life smiley
Eh? It's the name of my blog on Instagram...NOT smiley

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 12 December 2018, 14:15
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Get a life smiley
The world is gone mad I tell ya...the world is gone mad. Technology and social media have taken over. People spend hours trying out different filters, creeping on people and copying others in an effort to make their lives look perfect. They receive self-confidence and gratification from the number of likes on their Instagram rather than a compliment that was seen as important enough to be made face-to-face. They compete for likes, compete for attention, locked up inside their houses staring at mobile phones and laptop screens.

They spend a large amount of the time sitting around in silence, mesmerised by social media or they are talking about so and so's pictures that was posted yesterday. People should put down their phones and actually enjoy one another's company and have real conversations about real topics? Why do people feel the need to filter their lives, tell everyone what they are doing every second of the day and check up on others via social media?

Yes, social media can be a nice and easy way to catch up on others' lives and share adventures with others but when oh when at what point is it too much eh?

While they're staring at their phone or computer screen, life is still going on around them and time is passing by. Precious time may i add. Personally, i have found that if you put your phone away for a while, lock yourself out instead of in, you realise that there's so much more to be consuming your life with than the pixels on some technology screen.

The next time you guys are going to school or work, try keeping your phone tucked away in your pocket. Look around you. Smile at a stranger. Enjoy the outdoors. Your eyes won't hurt as much and you won't have to go through the embarrassment of accidentally running into someone or something because you were too busy staring down at the device in your hand.

Rant over smiley

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 12 December 2018, 14:26
No way you've just wrote that Finto smiley

I use Instagram, don't really post anything myself but a lot of my mates do. Probably only check it once a day

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 12 December 2018, 14:29
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Get a life smiley
The world is gone mad I tell ya...the world is gone mad. Technology and social media have taken over. People spend hours trying out different filters, creeping on people and copying others in an effort to make their lives look perfect. They receive self-confidence and gratification from the number of likes on their Instagram rather than a compliment that was seen as important enough to be made face-to-face. They compete for likes, compete for attention, locked up inside their houses staring at mobile phones and laptop screens.

They spend a large amount of the time sitting around in silence, mesmerised by social media or they are talking about so and so's pictures that was posted yesterday. People should put down their phones and actually enjoy one another's company and have real conversations about real topics? Why do people feel the need to filter their lives, tell everyone what they are doing every second of the day and check up on others via social media?

Yes, social media can be a nice and easy way to catch up on others' lives and share adventures with others but when oh when at what point is it too much eh?

While they're staring at their phone or computer screen, life is still going on around them and time is passing by. Precious time may i add. Personally, i have found that if you put your phone away for a while, lock yourself out instead of in, you realise that there's so much more to be consuming your life with than the pixels on some technology screen.

The next time you guys are going to school or work, try keeping your phone tucked away in your pocket. Look around you. Smile at a stranger. Enjoy the outdoors. Your eyes won't hurt as much and you won't have to go through the embarrassment of accidentally running into someone or something because you were too busy staring down at the device in your hand.

Rant over smiley
Cheers for that Grandad ...I'm sure in your day you were happy kicking a can around or taking a wheel for a walk but us young uns like social media and that there Instagram witchcraft smiley

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 12 December 2018, 14:31
Leicester Fosse wrote:

I use Instagram, don't really post anything myself but a lot of my mates do. Probably only check it once a day
Eh? Have you never seen me write long posts before???? I hadn't planned to but since my response of get a life wasn't sufficient and well thought out, I thought I would do the honours of explaining.

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 12 December 2018, 15:18
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Leicester Fosse wrote:

Eh? Have you never seen me write long posts before???? I hadn't planned to but since my response of get a life wasn't sufficient and well thought out, I thought I would do the honours of explaining.
I have, but I didn't know you were so passionate about social media smiley

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 12 December 2018, 20:57
I think his mam ghosted his VM account to write that.