Forums

Miscellaneous

Brexit: Pantomime season ...

Posted in Off Topic

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 13 March 2019, 17:15
Interested to see how other people feel as well. It’s all a total mess and I really find it hard to see how people still think it’s a good idea. If the mp’s actually worked together (which won’t happen) to negotiate a suitable deal then the situation might almost be redeemable. I still think it’s inevitable that after brexit we’ll be in a worse place than before though.

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 13 March 2019, 17:19
Also, it’s interesting to note that in general the more highly educated you are, the less likely you were to vote leave.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 13 March 2019, 18:19
A Tribe Called Quest wrote:
Also, it’s interesting to note that in general the more highly educated you are, the less likely you were to vote leave.
Perhaps that's because the more highly educated think that they - and everyone else - are better off in the EU (and they may be right - certainly in respect of themselves...)
on the other hand - the less well educated might feel that they could be better off outside the EU - and of course more of them in terms of pure numbers may have voted.

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 13 March 2019, 18:28
SuDoku AFC wrote:
Perhaps that's because the more highly educated think that they - and everyone else - are better off in the EU (and they may be right - certainly in respect of themselves...)
on the other hand - the less well educated might feel that they could be better off outside the EU - and of course more of them in terms of pure numbers may have voted.
Yeah I see what you mean. It's also probably to do with class. Sadly working class families are unable to afford higher education and are more likely to have problems i.e. working hard for minimum wage, so it would seem natural to vote for change in a deal that they were told would better themselves. (Although whether it will or not remains to be seen).

Lateside united (KK) 13 March 2019, 18:39
SuDoku AFC wrote:
Yeah I see what you mean. It's also probably to do with class. Sadly working class families are unable to afford higher education and are more likely to have problems i.e. working hard for minimum wage, so it would seem natural to vote for change in a deal that they were told would better themselves. (Although whether it will or not remains to be seen).
I know loads of well off people that voted to leave. I also know poor people that voted to stay in am in the middle am no million air and certainly not educated but worked hard to build my little empire that will see me and my family right for years to come. I didn't actually vote as I have never put my self on electroL register and never voted one's in my life I just take things as the come

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 13 March 2019, 18:47
Lateside united wrote:
I know loads of well off people that voted to leave. I also know poor people that voted to stay in am in the middle am no million air and certainly not educated but worked hard to build my little empire that will see me and my family right for years to come. I didn't actually vote as I have never put my self on electroL register and never voted one's in my life I just take things as the come
Yeah I know there'll be loads of exceptions, I just meant it might explain some of the stats.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 13 March 2019, 23:55
So,
our esteemed MPs don't want "the" deal,
they don't want "no deal",
IMO they are no longer ideal.

What a complete and utter shambles.

The whole lot of them should be sacked and never allowed back in to publc office ever again.

2.5 years to get to a position behind where we started from ... I no longer have words ...

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 14 March 2019, 03:02
Lateside united wrote:
Lateside united wrote:
Time to take are country back
And destroy it in the process? The reality is just because it is 'ours' doesn't mean it'll be better.
Aslong as we all pull together will be fine get the borders shut more work for English we're over run with foreigners taking are jobs
I actually thought you were being sarcastic here and were just having a bit of a joke. But it seems like you're actually being serious.

Is this you?

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 14 March 2019, 03:06
SuDoku AFC wrote:
So,
our esteemed MPs don't want "the" deal,
they don't want "no deal",
IMO they are no longer ideal.

What a complete and utter shambles.

The whole lot of them should be sacked and never allowed back in to publc office ever again.

2.5 years to get to a position behind where we started from ... I no longer have words ...
Yeah can't agree more. The whole thing has just been one big joke to most of the MPs, and a lot of them were quite happy to leave halfway through after failing miserably. Various party politics from leaders that shouldn't even be in such positions just slows the whole thing down too.

Doesn't help when the House of Commons is like a bloody pantomime half the time either.

CF Galacticos (Dan) 14 March 2019, 13:18
A second referendum needs to be held. I'm guessing that a majority of those who voted for brexit 2 years ago didn't have a no-deal brexit in mind which is the only brexit we're realistically going to get at this point, it would be disastrous for the foreseeable future. The EU isn't perfect, it's no where near ideal, but it's far better than the alternative we're facing.