Forums

Miscellaneous

Brexit: Pantomime season ...

Posted in Off Topic

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 19 March 2019, 23:28
Lateside united wrote:
Fund my existance lol have never claimed a penny in my life always worked given more in tax than you and now knowing your provesion I roughly know what you earn. Just because I keep a little back doesn't mean I don't pay non my pensions are sorted I don't need the state pension and as for need in treatment I would pay for it if needed I don't need anything off anybody
Well funnily enough, you're now claiming to keep "a little back" but that's not what you said before you were challenged on it is it? "Never ever claimed off state ones but not paid alot of tax lol"

Do you understand how money works? It's not just what you take, it's what you withold. The fact you don't pay taxes but sponge our services means that actually, you are taking. You are using things you don't pay for, we pay for them and we pay more for them because you're scrounging.

You may know roughly what I earn, but I would wager that my Dad has paid more tax in the last 3 years than you have in the last 30. He owns his own business with an 8 figure turnover. You may have your "little empire" (funded by everybody else because you're sponging) but some of us work hard, and actually pay what we owe.

Lateside united (KK) 19 March 2019, 23:41
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Lateside united wrote:
Fund my existance lol have never claimed a penny in my life always worked given more in tax than you and now knowing your provesion I roughly know what you earn. Just because I keep a little back doesn't mean I don't pay non my pensions are sorted I don't need the state pension and as for need in treatment I would pay for it if needed I don't need anything off anybody
Well funnily enough, you're now claiming to keep "a little back" but that's not what you said before you were challenged on it is it? "Never ever claimed off state ones but not paid alot of tax lol"

Do you understand how money works? It's not just what you take, it's what you withold. The fact you don't pay taxes but sponge our services means that actually, you are taking. You are using things you don't pay for, we pay for them and we pay more for them because you're scrounging.

You may know roughly what I earn, but I would wager that my Dad has paid more tax in the last 3 years than you have in the last 30. He owns his own business with an 8 figure turnover. You may have your "little empire" (funded by everybody else because you're sponging) but some of us work hard, and actually pay what we owe.
good on him done well for a pole credit too him but it's no competition have never said am a millionaire to be honest I haven't the drive to be one I am happy we're I am at I no longer need to work my self in to the ground so gives me time to spend with my kids

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 19 March 2019, 23:49
Done well for a pole?

What planet do you live on?

My Grandad survived 2 years in Mauthausen (The worst concentration camp, far worse than Auschwitz, it was nicknamed "the bone mill" by the Nazis). ONE MILLION people died there - he survived despite having a nail hammered through his stomach which punctured a lung - no medical assistance, he survived tuberculosis without any medical assistance at all, he survived an attempt by the nazis to blow the prisoners up days before liberation, not to mention, all the while dodging the gas chambers and Aribert Heim's clutches (Number 3 FBI most wanted war criminal after the war - on par with Mengele, had lampshades made of human skin,injected orange juice into people's hearts just to see what would happen) etc etc.

Did he "do well for a Pole" too?

What about the 303 squadron - RAF squadron made up of entirely Polish pilots who shot down 25% of the Nazi planes in the battle of Britain, who may very well singlehandedly have saved your forefathers from a Nazi occupation. Did they "do well for Poles" too?

Lateside united (KK) 19 March 2019, 23:52
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Done well for a pole?

What planet do you live on?

My Grandad survived 2 years in Mauthausen (The worst concentration camp, far worse than Auschwitz, it was nicknamed "the bone mill" by the Nazis). ONE MILLION people died there - he survived despite having a nail hammered through his stomach which punctured a lung - no medical assistance, he survived tuberculosis without any medical assistance at all, he survived an attempt by the nazis to blow the prisoners up days before liberation, not to mention, all the while dodging the gas chambers and Aribert Heim's clutches (Number 3 FBI most wanted war criminal after the war - on par with Mengele, had lampshades made of human skin,injected orange juice into people's hearts just to see what would happen) etc etc.

Did he "do well for a Pole" too?

What about the 303 squadron - RAF squadron made up of entirely Polish pilots who shot down 25% of the Nazi planes in the battle of Britain, who may very well singlehandedly have saved your forefathers from a Nazi occupation. Did they "do well for Poles" too?
and now Hitler as what he wanted a united Europe governed by dictaters because that's whats happening.. So really are great grand parents fought for nothing

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 19 March 2019, 23:54
Lateside united wrote:
and now Hitler as what he wanted a united Europe governed by dictaters because that's whats happening.. So really are great grand parents fought for nothing
That's a disgusting comment. How dare you compare the atrocities of the holocaust to the EU. You should be ashamed.

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 20 March 2019, 01:43
Lateside united wrote:

And there it is, the worst statement I have ever seen.

Harlem Heroes (NCC Legend) 20 March 2019, 11:27
This whole process has illustrated what a shower of s**t our politicians are. Whether you voted to remain or leave, we have all been betrayed by our parliament.

Lateside united (KK) 20 March 2019, 11:35
Harlem Heroes wrote:
This whole process has illustrated what a shower of s**t our politicians are. Whether you voted to remain or leave, we have all been betrayed by our parliament.
Very well said my friend up to us now to get them out we're the ones that vote them in time for ukip to have a go me thinks

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 20 March 2019, 14:13
So, working on the basis that a final decision now needs to be made,
(ie not a lengthy extension of Article 50 ... ... )
what I would like to see is the EU to agree to a short extension to be granted on or before 29th March - but only after the final decision as to how we leave has been taken by Parliament and agreed by the EU.

So, the extension would allow for implementation of "The Deal" if that's what MP's vote for next week,
or, for a "Managed No Deal" over the same period if "The Deal" is rejected again.

ie by 30th March this year everyone knows where we all stand (us and the EU) and the extension is used for the purpose of finalising preperations either way to leave. No further negotiations etc, decision made.

That (IMO?) would leave us within the article 50 process for that extension period, and therefore we would still have the option to cancel our letter if that is then what MP's decided.

That means that either we're leaving under "The Deal" = certainty achieved, get on with it,
or, if "The Deal" is rejected again next week, we are leaving with no deal at the end of the extension,
or no Brexit if we withdraw our application before that date.

That would leave us iin the position exactly as per the original referendum = Remain or Leave smiley

Chelsea Football CF (The Football Empire XI) 20 March 2019, 17:04
CF Galacticos wrote:
Chelsea Football CF wrote:
I'm not a supporter of a second referendum - I believe that the government has a job which is to deliver brexit - a second referendum is a betrayal of democracy imo. however, Theresa May has negotiated the worst Brexit deal ever which keeps us tied to the EU and she is going to ask for a delay - the UK economy is already flatlining because of the uncertainty as there has been no deal negotiated. I would not like a no-deal - I would prefer a FTA, but we'll see what will happen in the next few months :/
Allowing the people to vote on the final outcome of their country is a betrayal of democracy how exactly? The prospect of what Brexit was has changed completely since the last vote so surely it would be undemocratic to not allow the people to vote on the actual reality of Brexit
17.4m people voted to leave the EU and the government has a job to deliver it - imo a second referendum will cause more chaos although staying in the EU is probably better than the deal that TM has negotiated - I think most brexiteers would still vote to leave