Forums

Miscellaneous

Brexit: Pantomime season ...

Posted in Off Topic

Harlem Heroes (NCC Legend) 21 March 2019, 13:28
A Tribe Called Quest wrote:
Also, it’s interesting to note that in general the more highly educated you are, the less likely you were to vote leave.
It is also interesting to note that the highly educated were also charged with delivering the referendum vote and have consequently made a monumental f*** up of the whole process. Being highly educated is clearly not an indicator of either ability or intelligence.

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 21 March 2019, 17:13
Harlem Heroes wrote:
Being highly educated is clearly not an indicator of either ability or intelligence.
A) I didn’t say it was.
B) if they were less educated, we might be in an even worse way.

Harlem Heroes (NCC Legend) 21 March 2019, 18:29
A Tribe Called Quest wrote:
Harlem Heroes wrote:
Being highly educated is clearly not an indicator of either ability or intelligence.
A) I didn’t say it was.
B) if they were less educated, we might be in an even worse way.
A) A little disingenuous
B) I refer you to my previous answer

Rabinowitz FC (Samuel Rabinowitz) 21 March 2019, 23:52
Lateside united wrote:
No Pukki No Party wrote:
Rabinowitz FC wrote:
we have the power if used correctly. We are the biggest importer of German cars (mega buisness) biggest importer of French and Italian wines and we export over half our food to the eu so yes we are in a very powerful position. Mrs mays deal is the best possible as the eu don't want to give the uk anything and just want to take take take. All from unelected morons. Corbyn would have crumbled under such pressure. The fact we do most of our trade outside of the eu to is another plus point. The eu won't reform and they fully know they need the uk more than the uk need the eu.
We have no power and if you think we do then you're delusional I'm afraid.

Does the EU want a deal? Sure. Do they NEED a deal? Absolutely not. Is keeping the Union secure more important and more valuable to them? Absolutely.

Does Britain want a deal? Yes. Do we NEED a deal? Well, that kind of depends if you think tanking our entire economy is a good idea. Most would say it is not a good idea so yes, we absolutely need a deal. India and Australia have already tried to pull our pants down because they know that we're desperate to do some deals. Why is it that Britain always ends up on the short end of negotiations if we're so powerful and important? Ah, that'll be because actually, we're not that important and nobody really gives a toss if we go under. Negotiation from a position of desparation is only ever going to end one way.

The problem you have, is you're equating our individual imports and exports against EU countries singularly, when in fact, you need to compare them against the EU as a single entity. Our market value ain't that high. In fact, it's far lower than ever now that they've got the deals with Japan and Canada through.

This logic of the nasty EU bullying us is symptomatic of the delusion I'm afraid. They're negotiating with us from a position of strength vs our position of desparation. It's literally EXACTLY as the remainers said it would be. They can't give us a good deal because it would undermine the entire idea of the EU, and furthermore, why on Earth would they when they don't need us?

They literally don't need us, and we desparately need them. If you can't see that, then you need to do some more research, or maybe get a better understanding of geo-politics. If they needed us then do you not think that the UK would have emerged with a rather better deal than the sham May is trying to bribe through the commons? Common sense should tell you that if they genuinely needed us more than we needed them, then we would have got some kind of decent deal done that suited all sides.
can I ask why you say we? Your Polish not English
Actually I'm cornish Rabinowitz was a nickname given to me by a tutor lol. I love blindfolded remainers who beilieve everything in the press if you new the facts then u woukd understand. (I have friends who work for the government in the eu and I trust them much more) the eu will crumble away as they will need to get the money from elsewhere.... Greece will be bankrupt again. I ain't going to explain why no Deal is rhe best deal as your clearly closeted and I don't have time for narrow minded ness

CF Galacticos (Dan) 22 March 2019, 12:14
Rabinowitz FC wrote:
I ain't going to explain why no Deal is rhe best deal as your clearly closeted and I don't have time for narrow minded ness
Just saying "my mate told me" isn't a very compelling argument, myself (and I presume many others) are open minded to hearing the thought process of those on the other side of the debate, so please do divulge us the details as to why no deal is the best outcome

Rangers FootbalI Club (PK) Forum moderator 22 March 2019, 13:05
This is right up there with one of the most boring forum threads I've ever read.

10/15 minutes of my life I won't get back.

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 22 March 2019, 14:45
Rängers Football Club wrote:
This is right up there with one of the most boring forum threads I've ever read.

10/15 minutes of my life I won't get back.
You’re going to be gutted when you realise you don’t get any minutes of your life back.

Rabinowitz FC (Samuel Rabinowitz) 22 March 2019, 18:05
CF Galacticos wrote:
Rabinowitz FC wrote:
I ain't going to explain why no Deal is rhe best deal as your clearly closeted and I don't have time for narrow minded ness
Just saying "my mate told me" isn't a very compelling argument, myself (and I presume many others) are open minded to hearing the thought process of those on the other side of the debate, so please do divulge us the details as to why no deal is the best outcome
My friend is high up in the eu politically so yes I think I do know what I'm talking about. Not going to say why as no one really cares about it

Leicester Fosse (Ian) 22 March 2019, 18:26
Rabinowitz FC wrote:
CF Galacticos wrote:
Rabinowitz FC wrote:
My friend is high up in the eu politically so yes I think I do know what I'm talking about. Not going to say why as no one really cares about it
Eh? I think Brexit is the main thing people care about.

As a side not, nice to see the petition to revoke article 50 with over 3.4 million signatures in a couple of days.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

Whittall United (Grant) 22 March 2019, 19:54
Rabinowitz FC wrote:
CF Galacticos wrote:
Rabinowitz FC wrote:
But somebody does care, that's why he asked lol.