Forums

Miscellaneous

Various questions

Posted in General

Plymouth Patches (Fanoir Le Patch) 15 March 2019, 10:35
I am a fairly new manager (2 months), and have a few questions. Any advice appreciated:

Training : I understand that exercises are only effective if using a trainer assigned to that exercise? If so, at what stage (of a club's development/financial situation) does it become effective to hire trainers?

If I do hire a trainer, what shoud be my focus, at my stage? i.e. What age group or positions should I focus on training?

Age : I see three advantages in having a younger team: (1) Younger players have more energy, (2) Younger players attract more fans and therefore larger ticket sales, (3) Younger players continue to improve - older players decline in ability, so younger player resale value is higher. Are there other considerations?

Investment: At my stage (team rating around 35, Division 4, team value around 4M) What are the best priorities for investing: Stadium capacity, Training facilities, Physio department, players? Until now, I have been growing my training facilities, stadium, and playing squad in tandem.

Does average match rating have any real relevance on the strength or valuation of a player?

TIA
Fanoir le Patch

CF Galacticos (Dan) 15 March 2019, 13:32
Make sure to read through the Noob Bible if you haven't already

Training : I understand that exercises are only effective if using a trainer assigned to that exercise? If so, at what stage (of a club's development/financial situation) does it become effective to hire trainers?

most good trainers have wages between 4-8k, so you need to at least financially stable enough for 30-60k per week to be a fairly insignificant amount to spend for relatively low return on investment. Additionally it's generally advised to not bother training up youth players until you have a large training facility (black) and to just sell on any talents you create, which is worth thinking about if you want to hire a trainer for youth players

If I do hire a trainer, what shoud be my focus, at my stage? i.e. What age group or positions should I focus on training?

With a team as small as yours I would only ever hire a trainer with high stats in outfield/keepers and train every player with trainer doing training match, it's still what I do

Age : I see three advantages in having a younger team: (1) Younger players have more energy, (2) Younger players attract more fans and therefore larger ticket sales, (3) Younger players continue to improve - older players decline in ability, so younger player resale value is higher. Are there other considerations?

Younger players can gradually lose their value if your training ground isn't very good so re-sale value won't be as good as you originally thought

Investment: At my stage (team rating around 35, Division 4, team value around 4M) What are the best priorities for investing: Stadium capacity, Training facilities, Physio department, players? Until now, I have been growing my training facilities, stadium, and playing squad in tandem.

For a team starting up I would always recommend pursuing a better squad and bigger stadium. At your stage I would be buying older players (28-30) at a rating of around 50-60 so that you can comfortably play in division 3, and be upgrading your stadium to at least 10k. You'll then be getting a much larger income than you currently are and can start to upgrade your training facilities and replacing your players with those of similar rating but younger

Does average match rating have any real relevance on the strength or valuation of a player?

I've never looked at match ratings of players as I think that their performance is entirely arbitrary. I believe the match system works by a system of dice rolls whereby the higher someones stats are the higher the chance is for a successful dice roll. So two players with identical stats could have greatly different match rating because of chance. Additionally a player in say division 3 may get an average match rating of 9, however if the team then gets promoted to division 2, the player isn't as good compared to other teams in the league so will get a worse match rating, but the player didn't get any worse themselves so match rating isn't very reflective of the players value

Plymouth Patches (Fanoir Le Patch) 16 March 2019, 17:17
Thanks, useful advice

The Goon Squad (Very) 16 March 2019, 17:29
Plymouth Patches wrote:
Thanks, useful advice
I'm Vinny pritty much always available to help and give my opinion

ChelseaFCZola (Players for sale) 16 March 2019, 18:10
good to read, good luck all

Summy rangers FC (Butsy boy) 16 March 2019, 20:45
/Removed