Forums

Miscellaneous

EE pop up on this website

Posted in General

Dartford YMCA (FranTiiQue) 4 April 2019, 01:02
I cannot do anything on this website without getting an EE scam pop up on my iPhone X. I’ve cleared all safari data, turned off location settings. Nothing seems to work and it seems to be only this website.

Any suggestions

Canterbury City (Steve Ansell) 4 April 2019, 01:24
This site has been plagued with pop ups and bugs for years as they rely on the advertising for income. Completely messed up one laptop for me and I had to start using a completely different browser to get round the problem (Opera)

Whittall United (Grant) 4 April 2019, 11:55
Install an ad blocker, should cure it.

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 5 April 2019, 16:50
Dartford YMCA wrote:
I cannot do anything on this website without getting an EE scam pop up on my iPhone X. I’ve cleared all safari data, turned off location settings. Nothing seems to work and it seems to be only this website.

Any suggestions
Yep. I don't either bother using VM on the IPhone anymore, only the computer. That popup is incredibly annoying and you have to kill the app to get rid of it.

Yorkshire Knights FC (Jamie) 5 April 2019, 18:24
Not sure I get this on iPhone, what is it?

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 5 April 2019, 20:11
Yorkshire Knights FC wrote:
Not sure I get this on iPhone, what is it?
You would know if you got it. Mine was some kind of "You have won an award" window. It didn't just pop up, it replaced VM completely and I could not even go back to VM. I would go a few days and not get it at all. Then, I would have days where it would pop up every time in VM after just a few seconds. It made VM completely unusable.

FWIW, I am running the current version of IOS.

I just gave up on using it with the IPhone. It's been weeks since I have tried.

DaCrushers (DaPeerie) 6 April 2019, 02:15
I found I got similar to this, by accidentally hitting/clicking an advert when I was scrolling on my phone, not had it in a while though.

Dartford YMCA (FranTiiQue) 7 April 2019, 11:28
I figured a solution. If the pop up starts, instead of tapping a button with your finger, press and hold it instead until it opens in a new tab. From there, you can tap away at anything freely

Toxic bombers (ooo) 7 April 2019, 12:25
i had already reported this to the admins they are currently looking into this

SAS united (Manager of SAS united) 7 April 2019, 12:48
I get it for BT only started a week ago. A pop up blocker blocks it for about 26 x then the BT message appears and I have reload rather annoying