Forums

Miscellaneous

Joey Barton

Posted in Off Topic

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 13 April 2019, 21:15
The timebombs gone off again

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 14 April 2019, 14:09
The man is a football hooligan.
No doubt he could play the game, & was sometimes excellent entertainment - in the right way.
But, he's always been a complete any utter dangerous liability for any club to employ.

IMO he shouldn't be anywhere near management of any other human being.
If he has assaulted anyone yesterday - then I hope he gets a much longer prison sentence this time - and a life-long ban from attending any football ground - in any capacity - as anyone else with his history should have.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 14 April 2019, 15:19
not heard about this what has he done?

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 14 April 2019, 15:21
allegedly assaulted the opposition manager in the tunnel on the way off...

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 15 April 2019, 16:57
Headbutted and punched the Barnsley manager knocking out two teeth after kicking off at him for no reason. No place in society for a **** like him. Brother in jail already for racist murder of a teenager with a pick axe, totally unprovoked. Not usually in favour of eugenics but the whole Barton clan should be sterilised to avoid any more scum being produced.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 15 April 2019, 17:08
The real trouble is that both he - and his brother! - will be back out in society before the end of their lives - without doubt assaulting other completely innocent people before they're finished.

IMO there's a big difference between someone who "walks off with a new TV because the shop security just happened to have taken the day off", - and these violent thugs who spend their lives bullying others.
The former deserve communty punishments to start with in the hope that they can be disuaded from their larceny, the latter should be locked up - or otherwise taken completely out of law abiding society - and certainly after any 2nd / repeat offending NEVER allowed to return.
"We" are far too lenient in our sentencing of "proper criminals". - If a decent level of health and Public Safety! consideration was given to this subject = we'd all be so much better off.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 15 April 2019, 18:56
It sounds like Barton was goaded which doesn't give him the right to react like that but does make you wonder what Barnsley's manager was trying to achieve.

I wouldn't poke a lion then be upset if it bit my hand off

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 15 April 2019, 21:12
Understated Excellence wrote:
It sounds like Barton was goaded which doesn't give him the right to react like that but does make you wonder what Barnsley's manager was trying to achieve.

I wouldn't poke a lion then be upset if it bit my hand off
From what details I have seen, Barton was losing the plot over a red card, the Barnsley manager told him to calm down and leave it, as it was done. Barton then spent 30 mins raging on the bench because the Barnsley manager had dared to get involved, before chasing him down the tunnel mouthing off. The Barnsley manager called him a "F***ing scally" in response and Barton assaulted him.

If, and it's a big if to be fair, but if that version of events is factual then it's hard to make a case for "goading". In addition to that, I find it hard to believe he is a victim of being goaded by a string of people - truth is, he's just a ****.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 15 April 2019, 22:53
I wasn't saying that exactly. I was saying if Barton was chasing after you and you didn't want trouble, would you choose to call him a scally?

I'm well aware of all those incidents plus the crackers way he got sent off for QPR in that match where city won title.

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 15 April 2019, 23:08
Understated Excellence wrote:
I wasn't saying that exactly. I was saying if Barton was chasing after you and you didn't want trouble, would you choose to call him a scally?

I'm well aware of all those incidents plus the crackers way he got sent off for QPR in that match where city won title.
Yeah you probably shouldn't, but he's such a p**** i wouldn't be able to resist telling him.