Forums

Miscellaneous

The Noob Bible - 2019 edition

Posted in General

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 17 February 2020, 13:18
tbh I didn't think you could apply for sponsorship whilst the season update was in progress. You learn something every day ...or at least I do smiley

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 17 February 2020, 13:20
great job, well done.
Rolf

Final Whistle (join) 17 February 2020, 13:42
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
tbh I didn't think you could apply for sponsorship whilst the season update was in progress. You learn something every day ...or at least I do smiley
I actually applied before the update. But while following the update progress I noticed that the vifa points are already halved despise being the one before last item on the list and since the order of the actions would have an impact on the amount described in the formula in this topic I decided to ask if this is the way its intended to work.
Let me giveyouu my example.
Vifa points before season update : around 13. 3k.
Formula used vifa points x4 for base and vifa points x2 (or supporters*10) for bonus was used successfully.
But at 50% of the season update the vifa points were already at 6.7k before reaching the step of assigning sponsors for next season.
And since there is no way to know when the update started except for when you are notified about some prize for last season, if you forgot to apply for sponsorship and use the formula you would be applying for half the valeu without even being aware of this.
I chose to ignore the absolutely ignorant comments made by some of the other managers, although this is one of the reasons that made me want to quit just before announcing the release of the youth teams. I think the moderators should take harsher measures, I'm done responding to mean comments.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 17 February 2020, 13:50
Yes I understand what you mean about vifa points multiplier, I personally don't do that so that's probably why I've never been in the position to apply for sponsorship late on a Sunday.

I don't know if you are aware of this link

https://www.virtualmanager.com/season_update

This shows when the season update is starting and I have it saved in shortlinks (or whatever it's called) The update begins at 4pm. It is essentially what you see when you click on anything whilst the season update is in progress but having the link saved means you can see update from start and not have to wait for a notification about prize money etc

edit Quick links not shortlinks smiley do you use them?

Whittall United (Grant) 17 February 2020, 13:54
You're complaining yet again about something though, despite being told it wasn't a bug.

The order of the list could be wrong, or the Vifa index isn't the halving of vifa points, more just putting it in order, which i reckon it is.

Instead of instantly thinking you're right, like you do with everything, take something on board for a change.

This isn't a bug, nor was your complaining about results.

As for mods, no rules have been broken, so what are you talking about, yet again smiley

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 17 February 2020, 14:01
keep things civil please guys

Whittall United (Grant) 17 February 2020, 14:05
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Completely civil here smiley

I actually find him amusing, i also wouldn't be surprised if he was a Liverpool fan, are you Adrian?

Final Whistle (join) 17 February 2020, 14:12
Whittall United wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Completely civil here smiley

I actually find him amusing, i also wouldn't be surprised if he was a Liverpool fan, are you Adrian?
No, Vinny already asked about this, I'm a fan of Arsenal...

Final Whistle (join) 17 February 2020, 14:15
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
I actually don't know about them. I do know about the season update page but I'm not really complaining for myself as I hardly ever apply, I just applied this season and noticed the described behavior. I won't go into details yet again, I've already made my remarks about the economy and they were well received by Dennis. It's what matters to me in the end than the opinion of older users who like to maintain the status quo and not see the big picture and the issue that poses for retaining new members.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 17 February 2020, 14:19
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
I actually don't know about them. I do know about the season update page but I'm not really complaining for myself as I hardly ever apply, I just applied this season and noticed the described behavior. I won't go into details yet again, I've already made my remarks about the economy and they were well received by Dennis. It's what matters to me in the end than the opinion of older users who like to maintain the status quo and not see the big picture and the issue that poses for retaining new members.
We always encourage people to report anything that isn't working as it should, so thanks for that smiley

with regards quicklinks:

If you click on the account button at the top of the screen then you will see "edit quicklinks" towards the bottom of the pop up, click that and then "add quicklink" ....text = what ya want to call it and Address just copy url....the page you save will then appear on your quick links under your title. They can be useful.