Forums

Miscellaneous

The Noob Bible - 2019 edition

Posted in General

Whittall United (Grant) 17 February 2020, 14:28
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
edit Quick links not shortlinks smiley do you use them?
I actually don't know about them. I do know about the season update page but I'm not really complaining for myself as I hardly ever apply, I just applied this season and noticed the described behavior. I won't go into details yet again, I've already made my remarks about the economy and they were well received by Dennis. It's what matters to me in the end than the opinion of older users who like to maintain the status quo and not see the big picture and the issue that poses for retaining new members.
What you complain about has zero to do with keeping any status quo, and your complaints have zero to do with any bigger picture, do you just make things up in your head smiley

You've complained about results, because for some reason you seem to think you should beat teams you're better than, no matter what, hence your cry thread and threats to leave, its laughable.

Now its about vifa points, that have worked fine for many years, but here you are again, trying to pick fault.

Your complaining has zero to do with retaining players, so don't try and dress it up as that.

Hewitt Clan FC (Joe Hewitt) 23 March 2020, 18:32
thanks for that ill soon be back on track cheers mate realy helpfull all this

Final Whistle (join) 28 January 2021, 18:30
Whittall United wrote:
You're complaining yet again about something though, despite being told it wasn't a bug.

The order of the list could be wrong, or the Vifa index isn't the halving of vifa points, more just putting it in order, which i reckon it is.

Instead of instantly thinking you're right, like you do with everything, take something on board for a change.

This isn't a bug, nor was your complaining about results.

As for mods, no rules have been broken, so what are you talking about, yet again smiley
Are you sure about that? Cause the confirmed bug report I filed and that was confirmed by the VM team says otherwise. The fact that it's like this for a long time doesn't make it right, it makes it an ignored minor issue with low priority but technically speaking still a bug:
https://www.virtualmanager.com/bugs/5541

Ptfcstuart (Stuart) 18 February 2021, 21:16
I might've missed it but if not could we add the % that the stadium should be repaired at - when does it make most sense financially to repair?

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 18 February 2021, 21:18
Ptfcstuart wrote:
I might've missed it but if not could we add the % that the stadium should be repaired at - when does it make most sense financially to repair?
Good shout - 80%. Just added it into the stadiums bit

Final Whistle (join) 22 February 2021, 18:38
So maybe the sponsorship should be updated as I've heard in 2 rounds some astronomical amounts weekly:
7M bonus for winning div 4
4M for winning either div4 or div 3(most likely).
Second one was achieved, first one was just signed.
there is no point in asking less than 200k when you can get more than what a team would cost to win the division...
Of course this doesn't work every time and your vifa rank should be low, but still, it's worth mentioning...

Also any idea on what's the VIFA point reward for winning Cup matches (National, NCC, WC, etc?)

The Goon Squad (Very) 22 February 2021, 20:27
So maybe the sponsorship should be updated as I've heard in 2 rounds some astronomical amounts weekly:
there is no point in asking less than 200k when you can get more than what a team would cost to win the division...
Of course this doesn't work every time and your vifa rank should be low, but still, it's worth mentioning...

Also any idea on what's the VIFA point reward for winning Cup matches (National, NCC, WC, etc?)
Why don't you type up your idea and mail Tom, I'm sure he will just update the OP thread

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 22 February 2021, 20:28

I literally said yesterday, I'm not updating it anymore. You know this because you commented after me on that same thread. The huge bonus trick has always existed, but it's totally unreliable and difficult to obtain, so it's not really useful for new players. This is tips for newbies, not a walk-through of the game for several years.

No vifa points for cup matches

The Goon Squad (Very) 22 February 2021, 22:31
The Dark Carnival wrote:

I literally said yesterday, I'm not updating it anymore. You know this because you commented after me on that same thread. The huge bonus trick has always existed, but it's totally unreliable and difficult to obtain, so it's not really useful for new players. This is tips for newbies, not a walk-through of the game for several years.

I may not have read your whole Comment because I don't remember smiley

To be fair Tom it makes sense it's a Noob Bible.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 22 February 2021, 22:53
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
The Dark Carnival wrote:

I may not have read your whole Comment because I don't remember smiley

To be fair Tom it makes sense it's a Noob Bible.
Was aimed at the other guy not you Vinny, don't think you commented on that thread.
Like I said, this is the noob bible for new players, not designed to hold people's hand through the game, just give them enough to get started and the sponsorship thing mentioned is definitely not new player territory.

Plus, I'm 100% done with updating it. If somebody else wants to copy paste the whole thing and make it into a 2021 version, and take on the updating then they absolutely have my blessing to do that. I will happily give them full access to the copy/paste from editing the original post so all the bold bits etc will still work.