Forums

Miscellaneous

Untrained youths on auction

Posted in General

Newcastle United FC (James) 10 August 2019, 09:48
I haven't really been taking notice of the auctions recently, but had a quick browse of the 15 year old market this morning to see 3 'untrained' youths who are currently selling for between 400-600k a piece!
Is this the norm now or has it got way out of hand?

EDIT: I have the links of the 3 players if anyone wants them, just wasnt sure if I could post them here

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 10 August 2019, 10:01
The price for untrained youths should be the expected average outcome if them market is efficient. It's basically like a lottery.

4-600k isn't out of the ballpark when I tried to make an estimate last time.

Newcastle United FC (James) 10 August 2019, 10:02
Loyals wrote:
The price for untrained youths should be the expected average outcome if them market is efficient. It's basically like a lottery.

4-600k isn't out of the ballpark when I tried to make an estimate last time.
I just hadnt been looking at the auctions in a while, and the last time i seen a couple selling, it was around 150-250k per

Final Whistle (join) 10 August 2019, 17:51
Between 220.000 and 600.000 from what I saw 2 weeks ago.

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 10 August 2019, 19:45
Damn. I would be happy to sell all my untrained youths, if it were ;possible and ethical..

About 250 untrained youths and zero talents over 1 1/2 years. 250 x 200k = 50 million that could have been made from sales instead of ZERO. I would definitely take the stable income instead of the risk.

The Goon Squad (Very) 11 August 2019, 01:29
Newcastle United FC wrote:
I haven't really been taking notice of the auctions recently, but had a quick browse of the 15 year old market this morning to see 3 'untrained' youths who are currently selling for between 400-600k a piece!

EDIT: I have the links of the 3 players if anyone wants them, just wasnt sure if I could post them here
Inbox me the links please James

The Goon Squad (Very) 11 August 2019, 01:32
Copper Ridge FC wrote:
Damn. I would be happy to sell all my untrained youths, if it were ;possible and ethical..

About 250 untrained youths and zero talents over 1 1/2 years. 250 x 200k = 50 million that could have been made from sales instead of ZERO. I would definitely take the stable income instead of the risk.
You have made 0 talents, I find that difficult to believe unless you haven't created any.

Edit: I've just looked at at 4 weeks of your transfers and you have only created 2 youth, out of twenty which will have a negative effect on the probability of getting a Talent.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 11 August 2019, 09:00
The Goon Squad wrote:

Vulture lol

The Goon Squad (Very) 11 August 2019, 10:39
Understated Excellence wrote:
The Goon Squad wrote:

Vulture lol
This comment baffles me, since I was Posting 16 hours ofter the op at half past midnight when auctions have closed, furthermore he said that they are selling for 400 - 600 thousand if that's the case you must think I'm an idiot to spent potentially 1.8m on 3 lottery tickets when I'd rather send my scouts out and get cheap lottery tickets https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13564181-ignatie-anis-ene/history https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13530655-willy-steendahl/history
Total cost less than 1.8k

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 11 August 2019, 11:30
Paying over 100,000, let alone 600,000 on an untrained youth (15) seems a ridiculous risk to me. I don't know what the percentages are, but I would say 1 in 20, maybe 1 in 30 will be a good prospect, so you would need to be nice and rich or very lucky to make paying a high 6 figure sum for one a worthwhile strategy.
Rolf