Forums

Miscellaneous

Results like this dont come along very often

Posted in General

Harlem Heroes (NCC Legend) 8 October 2019, 16:52
Bayern Munich wrote:
Harlem Heroes wrote:
+1
A reflection of the downward turn this game has taken.
Thank you for your input on the state of the game, Mr. Keeping Div 1 Team of Oldies in Div 4 So He Can Win Newcomer Cups. smiley
lol...the irony of emphasising the point...priceless.

Bayern Munich (Benjamin) 8 October 2019, 16:57
Harlem Heroes wrote:
Bayern Munich wrote:
Thank you for your input on the state of the game, Mr. Keeping Div 1 Team of Oldies in Div 4 So He Can Win Newcomer Cups. smiley
If the point was "it's a sad state of affairs when you are ridiculed for your success," and pointing out that you're manipulating your way to NCCs is emphasizing the point, does that mean you consider the NCC success?

I am glad to hear I'm more successful than I thought!

Harlem Heroes (NCC Legend) 8 October 2019, 17:01
Bayern Munich wrote:
Harlem Heroes wrote:
Bayern Munich wrote:
If the point was "it's a sad state of affairs when you are ridiculed for your success," and pointing out that you're manipulating your way to NCCs is emphasizing the point, does that mean you consider the NCC success?

I am glad to hear I'm more successful than I thought!
I consider winning the national cups a greater success, which I am also doing smiley

Bayern Munich (Benjamin) 8 October 2019, 17:09
Harlem Heroes wrote:
I consider winning the national cups a greater success, which I am also doing smiley
I agree, and good job.

But you're not manipulating your league rank and losing out financially to win league cups, you're doing that to win NCCs.

And hey- whatever makes you happy. Just struck me as funny that you're complaining about the game (and it deserves some complaints) while actively subverting the mechanics for a dubious reward.

(Bolton: DUBIOUS?!)

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 8 October 2019, 17:39
Bayern Munich wrote:
How very dare you smiley and congrats to OP on result

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 8 October 2019, 17:43
Talk some sh*t on here smiley

Woodgate Wanderers (Michael Marsden) 8 October 2019, 18:13
Wow, that escalated pretty quick smiley

Chelmsford Rangers FC (Nath) 9 October 2019, 08:46
Good result man, well done!

Whittall United (Grant) 9 October 2019, 10:56
Bayern Munich wrote:
Harlem Heroes wrote:
I agree, and good job.

But you're not manipulating your league rank and losing out financially to win league cups, you're doing that to win NCCs.

And hey- whatever makes you happy. Just struck me as funny that you're complaining about the game (and it deserves some complaints) while actively subverting the mechanics for a dubious reward.

Playing in Div 4 also means hes able to save energy for the harder cups, as much as it is a crappy move, i can see the upside of remaining where he is.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 9 October 2019, 11:39
Everyone as different priorities and styles of playing the game , my club is also in Division 4 with a team that should be at least a Division higher however I do not enter any of the cup competitions as I have chosen the option of better training at hard intensity and playing most games at reduced intensity to avoid costly energy boosts .
I believe the N.C.C should only be open to clubs formed within one calendar year of creation and all previous winners who were formed outside this limit have this achievement expunged .