Forums

Miscellaneous

VAR

Posted in Off Topic

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 29 December 2019, 22:01
I was massively in favour of it before the season.

Becoming increasingly clear it is just a matchfixing tool for the FA to ensure that the big boys remain dominant.

Liverpool handball is apparently fine in build up to their goal, but Wolves player has a millimetre of his boot offside for the disallowed equaliser.

Pukki's "offside" yesterday being prime example - even the Spurs fans thought it should have stood. When Norwich fans have Ipswich scummers arguing in their favour then you know the system is seriously flawed.

but even if you just look at the penalties conceded by Leicester... 4 penalties conceded this season, against Man Utd, Liverpool and Man City.

Rawle United (christopher) 29 December 2019, 22:19
It’s been awful for the fans, they have to prove them offside decisions are 100 percent correct to change people’s minds, not once have I actually seen on these close calls anything proving the exact time the ball was played, it’s just always a still of the possible time it was played and not the exact time, cricket use snickometer, why can the premier league not have something like that to prove the exact time contact was made, and I still question the calibration of the equipment which draws the lines, lots of questions need answering for the paying fans, I’m happy we are in league 1 and don’t have that mess every week

The Goon Squad (Very) 30 December 2019, 09:02
I'm the same as you Tom I was all for it, but some of the decisions have been diabolical, as you said 4 penalties, Pukki obvious on side and Virgil van dijk hand ball that wasn't giving because wasn't clear hand ball

Lateside united (KK) 30 December 2019, 13:30
Nothing wrong with var it's just going by the letter of the law it's the rules that need changing

The Goon Squad (Very) 30 December 2019, 13:32
Lateside united wrote:
Nothing wrong with var it's just going by the letter of the law it's the rules that need changing
OK so hand ball law needs changing to accommodate VAR

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 30 December 2019, 13:35
Lateside united wrote:
Is it though? The big teams play by the rules but nobody else does? I thought that for a while, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that the letter of the law is not being applied equally. We get penalties given against us when our defender gets pushed into the ball hand first, but no penalty when Tyrone Mings handles the ball twice including once when he dived full length arms outstretched goalkeeper style?

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 30 December 2019, 13:42
Watch from 4 mins and tell me that's not handball by the letter of the law and VAR could not have easily picked it up....

Now watch this from 3:23 and tell me it's more of a penalty..... Not to mention that the big teams get to re-take the penalty until they score for "encroachment"... no idea whether we'd have the same treatment for "encroachment" as we haven't had a penalty all season...

Lateside united (KK) 30 December 2019, 18:22
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
Lateside united wrote:
Should make it if it hits hand its a penalty unless the protecting the face or bollocks like it used to be

The Goon Squad (Very) 30 December 2019, 18:32
Lateside united wrote:
The Goon Sqwad wrote:
Lateside united wrote:
Should make it if it hits hand its a penalty unless the protecting the face or bollocks like it used to be
So what's your opinion on van dijk blatant hand ball that VAR said inconclusive

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 30 December 2019, 21:31
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-var-wrong-offside-review-ifab-goals-replays-a9264306.html

Even the International Football Association Body says that the English FA are using VAR totally wrong.